NRA calls for armed police officer in every school

Draggingtree

nra-calls-armed-police-officer-every-school-162851713.htmlyahoo.com:

NRA calls for armed police officer in every school

By By PHILIP ELLIOTT | Associated Press – 2 mins 15 secs ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — The nation's largest gun-rights lobby called Friday for armed police officers to be posted in every American school to stop the next killer "waiting in the wings."

The National Rifle Association broke its silence Friday on last week's shooting rampage at a Connecticut elementary school that left 26 children and staff dead.

The group's top lobbyist, Wayne LaPierre, said at a Washington news conference that "the next Adam Lanza," the man responsible for last week's mayhem, is planning an attack on another school.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun," LaPierre said.

He blamed video games, movies and music videos for exposing Scissors-32x32.pngohmy.png

Would psychological tests of students be accepted? Maybe a test when entering middle school and one before high school and one prior to graduating from high school. Would that possible help ID some of these people without violating their civil rights?

These weapons that they want to remove, are exactly the one's that the 2nd is talking about.....equal power to confront the state's tyranny. It has nothing to do with hunting. It has to do with enforcing the laws we have [which has not been done under Oblather] NOT creating new ones. It definitely has nothing to do with protecting children. This says VOLUMES, about the beginning of the assault on the 2nd Amendment:

Jew Without a Gun

By Robert J. Avrech | December 18, 2012

http://www.seraphicp...-without-a-gun/

I am republishing my three-part series about the LA Riots of 1992 in which Karen and I and the children were trapped for several frightening hours. We were unarmed, helpless save for our wits. The police were conspicuously absent and the bad guys, frequently armed with heavy weapons, owned the streets. It was a defining moment in my life. I’m reposting this series as a cautionary tale because the Sandy Hook Elementary School Massacre has sharpened the claws of the statist utopians, whose ultimate aim is to disarm law-abiding American citizens.

Just as Obamacare has nothing to do with health, and cap and trade has nothing to do with so-called global warming, anti-gun laws have nothing to do with saving children’s lives.

It’s just another opportunity for the left to centralize power.

Scissors-32x32.png

Edited to add: You cannot make American's safe by taking everyone's gun's away, for the action of an insane person....even a group of insane persons.

H/T:KnucledragginMyLifeAway

Edited by SrWoodchuck

The NRA’s insulting response to Newtown

Posted by Jonathan Capehart on December 21, 2012 at 12:16 pm

One week after the slaughter at Sandy Hook Elementary School, the National Rifle Association’s Wayne LaPierre took to a microphone to deliver a defensive, crackpot speech that didn’t fully grasp the impact of the murder of 20 first-graders at the hands of a madman with an assault rifle. Everyone was to blame. The media and their corporate owners. The political class in Washington. Video games. Violent movies. The mentally ill. But at no point did he point his finger back at the

NRA, the one institution that has made it difficult, if not impossible, to bring about common-sense firearms legislation in the country. Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2012/12/21/the-nras-insulting-response-to-newtown/

Oh my goodness what is the talking about huh.png

Flashback: Clinton Requests $60 Million to Put Cops in Schools

This is how the media works to silence and vilify the opposition and to ensure that only their ideas control The Narrative. The media doesn't care about securing our schools; they only care about coming after our guns and handing Obama another political win.

The media also doesn’t care how wildly hypocritical they look.

In their zeal to rampage this left-wing agenda, the media has apparently forgotten that back in 2000, on the one-year anniversary of the Columbine shooting (which occurred with an assault weapons ban in place), President Clinton requested $60 million in federal money to fund a fifth round of funding for a program called "COPS in School," a program that does exactly what the NRA is proposing and the media is currently in overdrive mocking:

Scissors-32x32.png

OK... hunting for something... but found this. Go to 33minutes in. This is how Dems respond to a crisis. (Columbine in this case).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4tmOvnkyw4

@clearvision! I watched for over 18 minutes from the 33min. mark....and I think this is what I saw:

1.) Professional liar introduces consummate professional liar, with string of nouns & adjectives...blah, blah, blah.

2.) Consummate professional liar, asks for more applause to bask in his own glory, before stringing nouns, verbs & adjectives into soothing pablum of semantics, to burn the clock....blah, blah, blah.

Crowd murmurs a lethargic agreement with basic points of speech, which are not decipherable to a normal human being.

Did I get it right?

1.) Professional liar introduces consummate professional liar, with string of nouns & adjectives...blah, blah, blah.

2.) Consummate professional liar, asks for more applause to bask in his own glory, before stringing nouns, verbs & adjectives into soothing pablum of semantics, to burn the clock....blah, blah, blah.

Crowd murmurs a lethargic agreement with basic points of speech, which are not decipherable to a normal human being.

Did I get it right?

Yep. Repeat 8 years later.

An opinion on gun control

Posted on December 20, 2012 by correia45

I didn’t want to post about this, because frankly, it is exhausting. I’ve been having this exact same argument for my entire adult life. It is not an exaggeration when I say that I know pretty much exactly every single thing an anti-gun person can say. I’ve heard it over and over, the same old tired stuff, trotted out every single time there is a tragedy on the news that can be milked. Yet, I got sucked in, and I’ve spent the last few days arguing with people who either mean well but are uninformed about gun laws and how guns actually work (who I don’t mind at all), or the willfully ignorant (who I do mind), or the obnoxiously stupid who are completely incapable of any critical thinking deeper than a Facebook meme (them, I can’t stand). Scissors-32x32.png

Armed Teachers

So now that there is a new tragedy the president wants to have a “national conversation on guns”. Here’s the thing. Until this national conversation is willing to entertain allowing teachers to carry concealed weapons, then it isn’t a conversation at all, it is a lecture.

Now when I say teachers carrying concealed weapons on Facebook I immediately get a bunch of emotional freak out responses. You can’t mandate teachers be armed! Guns in every classroom! Emotional response! Blood in the streets!

No. Hear me out. The single best way to respond to a mass shooter is with an immediate, violent response. The vast majority of the time, as soon as a mass shooter meets serious resistance, it bursts their fantasy world bubble. Then they kill themselves or surrender. This has happened over and over again.

Police are awesome. I love working with cops. However any honest cop will tell you that when seconds count they are only minutes away. Scissors-32x32.png

Don’t make it mandatory. In my experience, the only people who are worth a darn with a gun are the ones who wish to take responsibility and carry a gun Scissors-32x32.png

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/an-opinion-on-gun-control/