Leaders Are People With Followers

Draggingtree

leaders-are-people-with-followersThe Other McCain :

Leaders Are People With Followers

Posted on | December 21, 2012

by Smitty

So the House GOP broke on Plan B. This is telling, emphasis mine:

Upstairs by the House floor, which was now closed after Boehner’s announcement, a handful of senior members discussed the whip count. They decided to go out for drinks near Union Station, in order to avoid their colleagues who’d be hanging at the Capitol Hill Club on the House side. “I don’t want to talk to the people who ruined this, at least right now,” a retiring House member told me. “They don’t get it.” Another senior member told me that Boehner was always going to struggle with the whip count since most House conservatives have little interest in seeing the speaker strike any kind of deal. “Boehner was trying to play chess and the caucus was playing checkers,” he said, sighing. “Boehner is willing to lose a pawn for a queen. I’m not sure about the rest.” Scissors-32x32.png

Plan B Aborted

By: Erick Erickson (Diary) | December 21st, 2012 at 12:59 AM | 59

John Boehner proceeded with Plan B and gave neither assurances nor reassurances that he would fight for meaningful spending cuts or entitlement reforms. He asked Republicans to give up the last plank in their party they had not surrendered in the name of big government without getting anything meaningful from the Democrats. In short, John Boehner has spent two weeks negotiating with himself, ending what | Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.redstate.com/2012/12/21/plan-b-aborted/