Liberal Obsession With Race is Growing Old

Geee

liberal-obsession-with-race-is-growing-old-n1471873Town Hall:

When will liberals stop living in the past? Specifically, when will they accept that they aren't all that stands between a wonderful, tolerant America and Jim Crow?

I was in the room when, during the Democratic convention, civil rights hero John Lewis suggested that Republicans wanted to "go back" to the days when black men like him could be beaten in the street by the enforcers of Jim Crow. I thought it an outrageous and disgusting bit of demagoguery. The audience of Democratic delegates cheered in a riot of self-congratulation.

It's bizarre. I spend most of my time talking or listening to fellow conservatives, and I never hear anybody talk about wanting anything of the sort. But to listen to liberals, that's all we care about.

Toward the end of the presidential campaign, various liberal pundits -- a great many of them born after the signing of the Civil Rights Act -- thought it a brilliant and damning indictment to note that Mitt Romney ran strong in states that once comprised the Confederacy. When Barack Obama won, Jon Stewart conceded that at least Romney won "most of the Confederacy."

These states committed the obvious sin of voting Republican while the president was black.Scissors-32x32.png

liberal-obsession-with-race-is-growing-old-n1471873Town Hall:

When will liberals stop living in the past? Specifically, when will they accept that they aren't all that stands between a wonderful, tolerant America and Jim Crow?

I disagree with Jonah in one respect, it is not growing old, it IS old. There is only IMO one answer to this meme of the Left, when it is played, get right in their face and give them a dose of reality therapy. My personal favorite is calling them slimy ignorant racist pigs...but that me, feel free to try your own reply.

• Like 1