Newtown the Latest Example of Media Overkill

Geee

newtown_the_latest_example_of_media_overkill.htmlAmerican Thinker:

I have been a resident of Newtown for over 30 years, save for a few years in the 1990s. I attended high school here. My oldest went through the school system here and my youngest is still at the high school. It's a quiet town that, although it's grown in population since my first arrival in 1981, still manages to retain that small New England town feel.

Newtown is a town where teenagers always say, "It's so boring here!" and some resort to hanging out in the shopping center parking lot for lack of anything "better" to do on a Friday night. People buy the weekly newspaper to see if their children or their neighbor's children have been featured in the Schools or Sports sections. We have a $2 movie house in what was, until recently, our town hall. We have a 100-foot flagpole in the middle of Main Street. The Rotary Club holds pancake breakfasts and the Methodist Church hosts regular spaghetti suppers. We have a community theater, a literary magazine, and a skateboard park. We have an annual Christmas Tree lighting and an annual Labor Day Parade. Newtown is also a place where people will drop produce off on their neighbors' doorstep because their own gardens are so abundant.Scissors-32x32.png