Why Are Some People Prone to Obey?

Draggingtree

why_are_some_people_prone_to_obey.htmlAmerican Thinker:

December 19, 2012

Why Are Some People Prone to Obey?

By Eileen F. Toplansky

Despite mounting evidence indicating that the Affordable Care Act, aka ObamaCare, will, in fact, harm seniors; that the "stimulus" has been "nothing more than a political slush fund"; and that the myriad of regulations by Obama has stymied the economy, many Americans still persist in defending these actions. The denial of high unemployment, burgeoning tax rates to begin in a few weeks, and the general decline of the United States is

breathtaking.

Moreover, from "the outset, the Obama administration's handling of the most sensitive secrets of the war on terror has been worrisome." On the one hand, our enemies learn about our intelligence. On the other hand, a cloud of secrecy and obfuscation lingers over the serious Fast and Furious agenda and the Benghazi events. Astonishingly, Congressman Jason Chaffetz has been "thwarted" by the State Department in contacting the survivors of the Benghazi attack. Thus, Congress has been denied access to these people, and the American public continues to be kept in the dark notwithstanding the alleged transparency claimed by the Obama administration.

Economists politely wonder why Mr. Obama doesn't come around and see the light and admit that his plans are not assisting America. Others like Bill Whittle state that Obama's incompetence is Scissors-32x32.png

I am not sure it is obedience. I think it is the overwhelmingness of the magnitude of the trouble we're in. It's easier to just go along to get along then try to fix any of it. We are exhausted by our government's intrusion and our will power for anything but survival is next to trained out of us.

Once it wakes though, it may surprise us. But I have come to believe we will not see a road back in my lifetime.