Obamacare could drive Little Sisters of the Poor out of the US

Geee

obamacare-could-drive-little-sisters-of-the-poor-out-of-the-usDaily Caller:

t could be a serious threat to our mission in the U.S.,” Constance told TheDC, “because we would never be able to afford to pay the fines involved. We have difficulty making ends meet just on a regular basis; we have no extra funding that would cover these fines.”

The crux of the matter is a religious exemption that the federal government is expected to make available to Catholic churches, but not to other Catholic institutions.

That’s because unlike Catholic parishes and dioceses, the church’s many affiliated schools, charities, religious orders and hospitals don’t discriminate in their hiring or service, often employing staff — and serving people in need — who come from other Christian denominations or from other faiths entirely.Scissors-32x32.png

I think they are mistaken. If there is an exemption, I think it would only be for the birth control aspect, not to totally get out of providing Ocare or fines.

I think they are mistaken. If there is an exemption, I think it would only be for the birth control aspect, not to totally get out of providing Ocare or fines.

I think you are probably right, the birth control aspect is what the church objects to

Birth control, including abortion. The Little Sisters of the Poor operate some hospitals that the Godless crew covet. Nothing would suit their plans better than removing religion, fining a charitable organization....with the end result of more money to redistribute selectively, and government takeover of hospitals....to advance their control.

Birth control, including abortion. The Little Sisters of the Poor operate some hospitals that the Godless crew covet. Nothing would suit their plans better than removing religion, fining a charitable organization....with the end result of more money to redistribute selectively, and government takeover of hospitals....to advance their control.

Yes, but she was arguing they could not afford it and so want to get a religious exemption from having to provide Ocare. If there ends up being a religious exception, I assume it would only apply to the birth control/abortion covered aspect. So they would still have to provide the insurance or pay fines and by her stand still have to stop providing services because of cost of the rest of the plan they would have to deal with.

I think you are probably right, the birth control aspect is what the church objects to

Yes, but she was arguing they could not afford it and so want to get a religious exemption from having to provide Ocare. If there ends up being a religious exception, I assume it would only apply to the birth control/abortion covered aspect. So they would still have to provide the insurance or pay fines and by her stand still have to stop providing services because of cost of the rest of the plan they would have to deal with.

You think this just might be the plan? Drive Faith from the public square? Cause that is exactly what I think they (the left) wants to do.

• Like 1

No doubt about the impact, but the cost of Ocare is going to drive a lot more than "faith" organizations out of being financially viable. I guess I see the birth control thing as just more a left want and/or vote getting item, put into law versus an attack on Faith. It could be the pushers of Ocare really would rather avoid the faith part as it slows down their goal of "free" health care controlled by the Gov. for all.

• Like 1

Oh, but why are we even discussing Ocare anymore? We have more critical problems that require immediate government action ... and I don't mean the debt issue.

The secular [Godless] religion.....that is the main proponent of progressivism, demands that government be the sole provider of everything....from birth, up to & including death. What I meant was that Obamacare is the vehicle for that ideal. It's why they made it so that it can "grow" [be made up as it goes along] and strangle any opposition. They are enlightened elitists, that through their superior knowledge & planning, can create a self-sustaining utopia. Never mind that their brand of collectivism has always failed....it won't this time because they are different & better ["they are the one's they were waiting for..."]

The Little Sister's of the Poor, are just a "bump in the road" that requires steamrolling. If that means that religious must knuckle to their enlightened plans....that's just gravy. Make no mistake that they want what the Sister's have & do....they're just another glitch that needs "changed."

No doubt about the impact, but the cost of Ocare is going to drive a lot more than "faith" organizations out of being financially viable. I guess I see the birth control thing as just more a left want and/or vote getting item, put into law versus an attack on Faith. It could be the pushers of Ocare really would rather avoid the faith part as it slows down their goal of "free" health care controlled by the Gov. for all.

You do recall there was this guy from Chicago who said something to the effect he wanted the fundamentally transform America. Well here we are, transforming America.

We have merely scratched the surface and marked the easy political points on this bill. The payoffs, the special interests, the outcome will exceed our worst nightmares.

I don't think that Godlessness in the public square is the goal. I think Godlessness in our hearts is the goal and they are just starting in the public square.

I don't think that Godlessness in the public square is the goal. I think Godlessness in our hearts is the goal and they are just starting in the public square.

@pollyannaish!

I think Godlessness in the public square, is their short term goal. They don't care what you believe, as long as you believe they....and their government is the answer to every question.

Question: If this was a Muslim charitable group, instead of a Christian group, would their stance be different?

The secular religion has it's favorites.....blacks, gays, Pro-Abortion, unions & Muslims are the favored groups for the time being. Part of the way the "sausage was made" during the O-care creation, was to let everyone who was not a favored group know that they were no longer having a say....and as the bill rolls out....expect that to be repeated.

I envision Soviet style "5-year plans" & the beatings will continue, until morale improves.

• Like 1