Boehner’s Tax Increase to Nowhere

Draggingtree

David Freddoso ‏@freddoso

Thing about the fiscal cliff: Yeah, Rs get blamed if we go over it, but Obama's the one whose presidency is defined as an 8-year depression

• Like 3

OBAMA: 'Call Me A Hopeless Optimist — But I Still Think We Can Get This Done'

Brett LoGiurato|Dec. 21, 2012, 5:42 PM

President Barack Obama delivered an unexpected update on the status of negotiations to avert the year-end fiscal cliff, saying he was still optimistic that a "comprehensive" deal could get done before a deadline in 10 days.

"I want next year to be a year of strong economic growth. ... Call me a hopeless optimist, but I still think we can get this done," Obama said.

Boehner spokesman Brendan Buck said in a statement tonight that Boehner told the president it was "time for the Democratic-run Senate to act." Scissors-32x32.png

Here's the full statement:

"Though the President has failed to offer any solution that passes the test of balance, we remain hopeful he is finally ready to get serious about averting the fiscal cliff. The House has already acted to stop all of the looming tax hikes and replace the automatic defense cuts. It is time for the Democratic-run Senate to act, and that is what the Speaker told the President tonight. Speaker Boehner will return to Washington following the holiday, ready to find a solution that can pass both houses of Congress." Scissors-32x32.png

Reid and McConnell go back-and-forth on the Senate floor >

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-fiscal-cliff-statement-plan-b-taxes-cuts-spending-boehner-harry-reid-2012-12

And that's why he's off to Hawaii for Christmas vacation.

Can I call him a Homely Obstructionist?

It fits.....and makes ME feel better...as we all know, that's the ultimate Obama goal...ME feeling better.

• Like 1

Can I call him a Homely Obstructionist?

It fits.....and makes ME feel better...as we all know, that's the ultimate Obama goal...ME feeling better.

I'm detecting some judgmentalism on your part...watch it!

• Like 1

OBAMA: 'Call Me A Hopeless Optimist But I Still Think We Can Get This Done'

yep LMFAO.gif

Pressure grows on Senate Democrats to act on ‘fiscal cliff’

By Alexander Bolton - 12/22/12 12:00 PM ET

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) is resisting pressure from Republicans pushing for the Senate to take a more active role to avoid the “fiscal cliff” after House legislation stalled Thursday.

Reid has rejected Speaker John Boehner’s (R-Ohio) assertion that avoiding the fiscal cliff now depends on President Obama working out a deal with the Senate. Reid’s allies said it is unrealistic to expect him and Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to step in and hammer out an eleventh-hour agreement.

On Friday, Reid dismissed McConnell’s proposal that he bring to the floor legislation extending tax rates Scissors-32x32.png

Senate Republicans think it makes sense for McConnell to tap retiring Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) to negotiate with Reid. Kyl is an expert on tax and entitlement reform Scissors-32x32.png

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/274417-pressure-grows-on-senate-to-act-on-fiscal-cliff

"We?" Surely he is not saying he is engaged in this issue? Other than traveling to carefully picked locales to speak to an adoring group with his sleeves rolled up in a stupid symbolic look as one ready to go to work.

• Like 4

"We?" Surely he is not saying he is engaged in this issue? Other than traveling to carefully picked locales to speak to an adoring group with his sleeves rolled up in a stupid symbolic look as one ready to go to work.

very well spoken

very well spoken

No Arugula for either one of you!!!

very well spoken

not sure of Arugula's meaning huh.png

John Boehner Couldn’t Negotiate His Way Out Of A Wet Paper Bag

By:
(
) | December 21st, 2012 at 08:23 PM |

With Speaker John Boehner’s Plan B(as in Bad) having gone down in flames last night now is the time to look back on Boehner’s negotiating ability, or more to the point the lack thereof. First up we have the Pledge to America Boehner and crew crafted in the 2010 election cycle. In the Pledge Boehner and the boys promised to cut $100 billion in federal
Scissors-32x32.png

Why on earth would anybody want Boehner’s job?

By Philip Klein December 22, 2012 | 2:01 pm

Ever since John Boehner’s “fiscal cliff” backup plan went down in flames on Thursday, there’s been a flood of speculation as to whether he can still survive as speaker of the House. But there’s a very fundamental question that a lot of people floating this possibility need to address: Why on earth would anybody want the job?

Boehner is in an impossible situation. Details aside, the bottom line is that Boehner won’t be able to negotiate any deal that will satisfy President Obama and pass the Democratic Senate Scissors-32x32.png

Most people would agree that it’s unlikely that, for lack of a better term, an “establishment” member of the House GOP caucus would challenge Boehner. So any challenge is more likely to come from a conservative frustrated with his lack of progress on cutting spending. But right now, if you’re a conservative in the House, the current state of affairs is quite good with Boehner in charge — at least as far as your career is concerned. You get to blast any deal that gets struck, reiterating your support for lowering taxes, reducing spending and reforming entitlements Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://m.washingtonexaminer.com/why-on-earth-would-anybody-want-boehners-job/article/2516689#.UNYGr2Q1jWx

very well spoken

obama_arugula_full.jpg

Mrs. Obama: Let Them Eat Steak—And Arugula

Terence P. Jeffrey

November 14, 2011

(CNSNews.com) - Visiting an organic farm in Hawaii on Saturday, First Lady Michelle Obama said that “arugula and steak” was her “favorite” meal and expressed her view that American children need to “get their palates adjusted” so they will begin eating properly.

Mrs. Obama also said that children in “underserved communities” become obese because they “aren’t growing up with vegetables because there are no grocery stores.”

(Snip)

Arugula, Lettuce that knows someone.

New York Times: GOP Unwilling to Acknowledge Obama’s Godhood

by Rick Moran

December 22, 2012 - 9:35 am

Michael Shear of the New York Times writes wistfully of bygone days when there was bipartisanship on the Hill compared to the political gridlock of today. He notes the funeral of Senator Daniel Inouye where President Obama said he learned from Mr. Inouye “how our democracy is supposed to work.”

Mr. Obama learned some strange lessons about democracy. Recall his retort to a Republican Senator just three days after he took the oath of office in 2009 when challenged on the make-up of the stimulus bill. “I won,” the president said — as if those two words explained the mysteries of the universe. Actually, it was more like “Shut up, he explained.” At that time — as now — the president wasn’t interested in compromise in the traditional sense of the term. He wanted victory. He wanted obedience. The debate was over because of his election victory and the GOP should bend knee, humble themselves, and thank him for his generosity. Scissors-32x32.png

” Mr. Boehner agreed to a tax increase, agreed to take the debt limit vote off the table, agreed to most of Mr. Obama’s stipulations on entitlements. Shear and Obama aren’t interested in “compromise; only submission to the president’s will. Scissors-32x32.png

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/12/22/new-york-times-gop-unwilling-to-acknowledge-obamas-godhood/

very well spoken

obama_arugula_full.jpg

Mrs. Obama: Let Them Eat SteakAnd Arugula

Terence P. Jeffrey

November 14, 2011

(CNSNews.com) - Visiting an organic farm in Hawaii on Saturday, First Lady Michelle Obama said that "arugula and steak" was her "favorite" meal and expressed her view that American children need to "get their palates adjusted" so they will begin eating properly.

Mrs. Obama also said that children in "underserved communities" become obese because they "aren't growing up with vegetables because there are no grocery stores."

(Snip)

well now I know but I don't know what to do with the knowledge oh how to use it cool.png

very well spoken

obama_arugula_full.jpg

Mrs. Obama: Let Them Eat Steak—And Arugula

Terence P. Jeffrey

November 14, 2011

(CNSNews.com) - Visiting an organic farm in Hawaii on Saturday, First Lady Michelle Obama said that "arugula and steak" was her "favorite" meal and expressed her view that American children need to "get their palates adjusted" so they will begin eating properly.

Mrs. Obama also said that children in "underserved communities" become obese because they "aren't growing up with vegetables because there are no grocery stores."

(Snip)

well now I know but I don't know what to do with the knowledge oh how to use it cool.png

Arugula Pesto

Its not just for breakfast anymore

very well spoken

ohmy.png

very well spoken

Awww. Anything but that. I love arugula!

By:
(

With Speaker John Boehner’s Plan B(as in Bad) having gone down in flames last night now is the time to look back on Boehner’s negotiating ability, or more to the point the lack thereof. First up we have the Pledge to America Boehner and crew crafted in the 2010 election cycle. In the Pledge Boehner and the boys promised to cut $100 billion in federal
Scissors-32x32.png

And here all along I've been thinking Obama couldn't lead his way out of a wet paper bag.

• Like 2

By:
(

Scissors-32x32.png

And here all along I've been thinking Obama couldn't lead his way out of a wet paper bag.

This whole thing is a classic example of what is wrong with Washington DC. Everyone knew this was coming, so instead of dealing with it 6 months ago, they wait until the last minute, then everyone run around screaming and hollering. angry.png

Morning Bell: Conservatives Stand Their Ground

Rob Bluey

December 21, 2012

“When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”

President Ronald Reagan’s sound advice rang true yesterday. Grassroots activists and conservative groups, led by Heritage Action for America, derailed a plan to raise taxes on some Americans and small businesses.

(Snip)

Heritage’s Patrick Louis Knudsen, the Grover M. Hermann Fellow in Federal Budgetary Affairs, wrote last month about the Senate’s failure to act:

Although the House passed legislation this year replacing the across-the-board cuts with specific policy changes, the Senate refused to act, forcing any resolution to wait until after this year’s election. Now this large problem joins with other unresolved issues, such as the “doc fix” (extending Medicare physicians’ payment rates) and extended unemployment benefits—and another debt-ceiling increase looms early next year as well.

(Snip)

Also Mark Levin: Conservatives saved the Republican Party from itself