Newtown: Just Leave Us to Grieve in Peace

Geee

newtown_just_leave_us_to_grieve_in_peace.htmlAmerican Thinker:

As I do every Friday, I sort through my week's clipping files in preparation for this column. I was going to write about energy. The optimistic assessments of natural resources and the fracking technique to extract them has every potential of changing our economic future for the better and the repressive regimes of the Middle East for the worse.

This despite the uninformed blather about its dangers and constraints to its use, and the ridiculous wasted billions on government subsidies and grants funneled into a make-believe solar energy future.

Even better, the draft report of the UN's climate watchdog, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), was leaked this week, and it undermines their claim that anthropogenic (man-made) global warming is a serious global threat. The irradiation from the sun plays a bigger role in the climate of the earth and there doesn't seem a whole lot that throwing money at bundlers and UN grifters can do about that.

As Professor Pielke notes, the report is optimistic on several other counts: "[iPCC Draft report echoes Climate Depot's Extreme Weather Report]: 'No significant observed trends in global tropical cyclone frequency... does not support AR4 conclusions regarding global increasing trends in droughts... low confidence regarding the sign of trend in the magnitude and/or frequency of floods on a global scale... there is currently no clear and widespread evidence for observed changes in flooding'".

But that and everything else in my clipping file faded to insignificance when reports of the Newtown, Connecticut school massacre hit the wires.Scissors-32x32.png