Tax-Hikers On Left Want To Dodge Taxes They Force On Others

Geee

120712-636220-rich-democrats-avoid-the-taxes-the-impose.htmInvestors Business Daily:

Ah, the hypocrisy of tax-hikers who do everything they can to avoid the taxes they wish to impose on others.

Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass: He tried to avoid $500K in his home state's sales and excise taxes by docking his newly purchased $7 million 76-foot yacht in Rhode Island.

Massachusetts lowered its state income tax in 2001. Given the presumably large number of rich people who pine to pay more taxes, the state allowed tax filers to check a box and voluntarily pay the old, higher rate.

In a liberal state of over 3 million tax filers, how many volunteered to pay the higher rate in 2004? A tiny fraction of 1% — 930 taxpayers.

Among those who refused to pay the higher rate? Sen. Kerry and Rep. Barney Frank. In Frank's case, he refused to pay the higher rate because, he says, "I don't trust the legislative leadership and Gov. (Mitt) Romney to make the right decisions." Instead, Frank said, "I'll donate the money myself."Scissors-32x32.png

Same with all the big left companies accelerating stock dividends into this year instead of next.

That benefits the shareholders, not the corporations......of course, the biggest shareholders ARE normally on the board of directors.

Same with all the big left companies accelerating stock dividends into this year instead of next.

That benefits the shareholders, not the corporations......of course, the biggest shareholders ARE normally on the board of directors.

Yes, sorry if I was not clear. Corporations are agnostic politically, but their major shareholders/owners/directors are not. Both sides of the spectrum are moving up taxable events which makes perfect sense and I have no problem with.... except for the left leaning owners who were out their pushing Obama and higher taxes for the rich are cashing out as quickly as anyone else (ie see Costco as one example). The people that will get screwed are not the very rich stock holders but the very successful mid size business owners in the 250K to 2M range who can't play the same games.

It’s Time To Stick It To the Blue States

John Hinderaker

12/7/12

After years of campaigning for higher taxes, it is beginning to dawn on liberal residents of blue states that the effects, for them, will not be pretty. Most of the nation’s “rich”–those earning over $250,000 a year, or, depending on President Obama’s mood, $175,000–live in the blue states. Moreover, the deductions that are likely slated for reduction or elimination, including state taxes and home mortgages, mostly benefit blue state residents. So the New York Times, a prime agitator for higher taxes, appears to be having second thoughts:

As they continue to wrangle over the year-end fiscal deadline, both Democrats and Republicans are considering caps on federal income-tax deductions.

That could be very bad news for residents of New York, New Jersey and other states and cities that rely heavily on their own income taxes. Such a cap would reduce the value of the deduction for state and local income taxes, which has been part of the federal tax code for a century (though the deduction has been diluted by the alternative minimum tax). That could substantially reduce middle-class disposable incomes in high-tax states, which, in turn, would put pressure on those states to cut taxes and the services they have long chosen to provide.

(Snip)