How you can fire Speaker Boehner

Draggingtree

how-you-can-fire-speaker-boehnerRedState:

How you can fire Speaker Boehner

By: Ned Ryun (Diary) | December 7th, 2012 at 03:04 PM

If conservatives want to determine their own leadership on the Hill, it starts with firing John Boehner as Speaker.

I described how and why here.

We need all of you to make this happen. We only need 16 conservatives to abstain from the Speaker vote to depose Boehner and force the GOP caucus to pick new leadership.

We’ve had thousands of activists nationwide ask how they can help. For now, we suggest calling and writing conservative Congressmen in your area.

Here’s a suggested letter/email. For a list of target Congressmen to send it to, please scroll below. Here’s the link to email your Congressperson.

Sample Email/Letter

The Honorable Scissors-32x32.png

Ok I have a way ( link ) above in my post for you to fire Speaker Boehner Ops I forgot to tell U I support Speaker Boehner I am sure he will get the best deal for our party and it's members/American people.

Who has the chance of winning if this happens? What names are out there.

Lets see Demint offered up a name think it was Tim Scott

Ryan Stonewalls on Involvement with Boehner Purge

by Matthew Boyle7 Dec 2012, 12:14 PM PDT

As House Speaker John Boehner continues to hide the details of what happened and why during his conservative purge of House committees, House Budget Committee chairman Rep. Paul Ryan is eschewing comment and instead directing all inquiries about the purge to Boehner’s office.

On Monday, Boehner and House GOP leadership removed four conservative Republicans from influential fiscally focused committees. Reps. Justin Amash of Michigan and Tim Huelskamp of Kansas were pulled from the House Budget Committee and Reps. David Schweikert of Arizona and Walter Jones of North Carolina were removed from the House Financial Services Committee. Huelskamp was also purged from the House Agriculture Committee.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/12/07/Paul-Ryan-backs-Boehner-on-conservative-purge-refuses-to-deny-whether-he-was-involved

Tim Scott is Demint replacement possibility. Who is bucking for the big job of Speaker?

Boehner Punishes the Principled

Ross Kaminsky

A conversation with one of the purged, Rep. Justin Amash.

(Snip)

Amash votes his principles more consistently than most politicians do, including being one of two Republicans to vote against the House Budget Committee's 2013 budget, aka the Ryan Budget, while a member of that committee.

Fast forward to this week when we learned -- before Justin Amash did -- that he had been removed from the Budget Committee along with Tim Huelskamp (R-KS), who was the only other Republican to vote against the Ryan budget in committee. Two other Republicans, Dave Schweikert (R-AZ) and Walter Jones (R-NC), who along with Amash and Huelskamp opposed the Budget Control Act, were removed from the Financial Services Committee.

On Wednesday, Rep. Huelskamp quoted Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-OH) as saying that the leadership "punished four members" (remarkably attributing the stark word "punished" to the Speaker) and that Boehner "warned GOP lawmakers that there may be more folks that will be targeted ... 'we're watching all your votes.'"

Not least because I thought we had a Congress rather than a Politburo, and because I (perhaps naively) expected better behavior from John Boehner than from Nancy Pelosi or Barack "Don't think we're not keeping score, brother" Obama, the news inspired my second long phone conversation with Congressman Amash, this being an exclusive interview of him for The American Spectator:

Q: Justin, how did this whole story develop for you?

JA: On Monday morning, I heard about Schweikert being removed from his committee. A couple of hours later, I heard the same from Huelskamp, directly from him. I then started to wonder "Who else are they going after?" That's when I saw a news report saying that I was being removed from the Budget Committee. But the entire day I didn't get a call from anyone about what my committee assignments would be or why I might have been removed from the Budget Committee.

By Tuesday afternoon, I still hadn't received any word from leadership. Wednesday was the first day I spoke with leadership about my committee assignments, and I approached them.

Q: What was their explanation for why you were removed from the committee?

JA: You get conflicting stories. They insist that it's not because of the votes, and not because of my philosophy. But there is no clear, consistent message about why I was removed from Budget.

Q: What's your guess?

JA: I think it's my votes, in general, when it comes to fiscal issues.

(Snip)

It is not just what Boehner did, although given the fights coming up one could question his timing, but also the way he did it. Unless John is going to go wobbly...again.

I'm thinking apparently he doesn't really understand that anything good that comes from these negotiations will be attributed to Obama and the Democrats, and anything bad to the Republicans. And soon we will be right back in this same battle....only in worse shape.

I understand discipline must be maintained, but given the House GOP won their votes a stern private talking to was called for, not this.

Boehner’s Biggest Threat

Representative Tom Price of Georgia is a conservative force.

Robert Costa

12/10/12

Should a debt deal go sour, the buzz is that Tom Price, a 58-year-old physician from Georgia, may challenge John Boehner for the speaker’s gavel.

“Price is the person we’re all watching,” says an aide close to House leadership. “We know he’s frustrated, but we don’t know much else.”

In an interview with National Review Online, Price won’t speculate about his future, but he acknowledges his growing uneasiness. “My concern is that within our conference, conservatives, who are a majority, don’t have a proper platform,” he says. “That’s true at the leadership table and on the steering committee.”

(Snip)

• Like 2

If Not Boehner, Then Who? We Have Options

Obama_Boehner_State_of_the_Union_2011.jpg

Price, Jordan, and Hensarling Could Attract Enough Support

By: Ned Ryun (Diary) | December 10th, 2012 at 02:29 PM

If not Boehner, then who?

Last week, American Majority Action kicked off the trending #FireBoehner hastag on Twitter and began to pressure House members to abstain from voting for Speaker.

After speaking with the House Parliamentarian, we discovered the House precedent is actually interpreted to mean an absolute majority of votes cast for a specific candidate. So, House members do nothing by abstaining. However, the core idea remains: Without a majority (50% +1), the House is speakerless. If neither Boehner nor Pelosi win 50%, the House keeps voting until a new leader arises with a majority.

To get Boehner under 50%, we need to Scissors-32x32.png