Has everyone forgotten?

RidesAPaleHorse

I was thinking about it just this morning. We've lost so much appreciation for the challenges and victories of the past. Our historical perspective has withered away.

• Like 1

Was thinking about it also this morning and noticed that Mozartlover also posted a memorial on the Porch. I had the honor of working with two Pearl Harbor survivors when I worked for the Navy. They both passed away last year, getting to be less and less of them.

RidesAPaleHorse

I too missed your posts at history sir. Mea Maxima Culpa. I also lost a relative who was a survivor of the attack, a crewman on the U.S.S. California. His name was Bill Blackwood. And he went on to serve the rest of the war in the Pacific, became a flight instructor, was paralyzed in an ejection accident but went on to invent portable hand controls for light aircraft, giving many who thought they would never fly again the opportunity to return to the skies they so loved.

I was able to recover a story I did about him at the now darkened Death by 1000 Papercuts on his passing in 2008 at my new home, MareZilla.com

With your indulgence, the link to but a snapshot of the life of a survivor and hero:

http://marezilla.com/2012/12/bill-blackwood-pearl-harbor-survivor/