Savage Escalation in the War on Afghan Women

Geee

savage-escalation-in-the-war-on-afghan-womenFront Page Magazine:

Violence against Afghan females is rapidly escalating in both frequency and savagery, its latest victim a 14-year-old girl named Gastina who was nearly decapitated with a hunting knife for refusing a marriage proposal from her 25-year-old cousin.

Gastina was walking to her home in Afghanistan’s northern Kunduz province when she was attacked by her cousin Sadeq and another male relative, both of whom proceeded to break her hands and feet before slitting her throat nearly to the bone.

Gastina’s ghastly death sentence was carried out because her family had reportedly turned down Sadeq’s repeated marriage requests, claiming Gastina was too young for marriage. That rebuff was apparently so stinging that it necessitated Sadeq brutally murder the young teenager.Scissors-32x32.png

@Geee

I would like people to remember this when they talk about pulling out of Afghanistan.

And NO I am not saying it is our job to prevent bad things from happening everywhere in the world.

What I am saying is "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." Luke 12:48

No we are not responsible for everything bad in the world, but we are somewhat responsible for the women of Afghanistan, since we were the ones who encouraged them to stand up for themselves.

• Like 2

No we are not responsible for everything bad in the world, but we are somewhat responsible for the women of Afghanistan, since we were the ones who encouraged them to stand up for themselves.

That is exactly my point. Well Said.