John McAfee hospitalised after arrest in Guatemala

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

John-McAfee-hospitalised-after-arrest-in-Guatemala.htmlUK Telegraph:

John McAfee, the fugitive software millionaire, was rushed to hospital in Guatemala last night after his request for political asylum in the country was rejected, his lawyer said.

Mr McAfee, 67, who faces deportation to Belize for questioning over the death of his neighbour there, was brought out of an immigration service detention centre on a stretcher.

Photographs showed him lying in the back of an ambulance wearing a suit, with his eyes closed, his head in a brace and his body wrapped in a blanket.

Early reports suggested he was had suffered two mild heart attacks, but his lawyer Telesforo Guerra said he had been suffering from stress and hypertension.

"He never had a heart attack. Nothing like that," Mr Guerra said in Guatemala City. "I'm not a doctor. I'm just telling you what the doctors told me. He was suffering from stress, hypertension and tachycardia (an abnormally rapid hearbeat)."

He was released from hospital several hours later.

The former tycoon had earlier been detained at Guatemala City's Intercontinental Hotel for entering the country illegally from Belize.

He had been on the run for more than three weeks after refusing to speak to authorities in Belize about the death of Gregory Faull, an American who was shot dead in early November.

Karla Paz, a member of Mr McAfee's legal team, said she had found him lying on the ground at the detention centre, unable to move his body or speak, on Thursday afternoon.

On Thursday morning Mr McAfee had told the Associated Press that he suffered chest pains in the night but was "fine."

He said he "didn't like western medicine" and had been using Chinese herbal medicine since suffering a heart attack in 1993.

________

Well, he seems to like Western justice since he's relying on it to defend him...