Steyn: Obama aims to finish the work of FDR and LBJ to create ‘a big Sweden’ [VIDEO]

Draggingtree

Daily Caller

Steyn: Obama aims to finish the work of FDR and LBJ to create ‘a big Sweden’ [VIDEO] 11:23 AM 12/05/2012

With last month’s electoral loss for the Republican Party, President Barack Obama is one step closer to fulfilling an 80-year vision for the United States first put in place by former President Franklin Roosevelt, Mark Steyn said Tuesday.

In an appearance on Fox News Channel’s “Hannity,” the National Review columnist attempted to hash out Obama’s fiscal cliff game plan, which is to peg the Republicans and House Speaker John Boehner with the political blame.

“I think he’s figured out that this is actually an opportunity for him to drive a stake through the Republican Party in which everybody’s taxes will go up,” Steyn, author of “After America: Get Ready for Armageddon,” said. “And the Republicans will get a blame for it. And I’m not sure he’s wrong about that. I think his strategy all along — I said this in my book , so it’s weird to see it coming true so literally — Scissors-32x32.png