AAA urges EPA to halt approval of E15 for vehicles

Draggingtree

AAA-urges-EPA-halt-approval-E15-vehicles?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGEThe Detroit News:

November 30, 2012 at 9:35 am

AAA urges EPA to halt approval of E15 for vehicles

By David Shepardson Detroit News

Washington Bureau

Washington — AAA, the nation's largest travel organization, on Friday urged the Obama administration to halt the sale of E15 — a new fuel with a higher blend of ethanol — because of possible engine damage to most vehicles on the nation's roads.

AAA, which has 53 million members, said it has found in a new survey a strong likelihood of consumer confusion and the potential for voided warranties and vehicle damage as a result of the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) recent approval of E15 gasoline for 2001 model vehicles and newer. Scissors-32x32.png

AAA said five manufacturers (BMW, Chrysler, Nissan, Toyota and Volkswagen) are on record saying their warranties will not cover fuel-related claims caused by the use of E15. Seven additional automakers (Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda , Mercedes-Benz and Volvo) said E15 does not comply with the fuel requirements specified in their owner's manuals and may void warranty coverage, AAA said. Scissors-32x32.png

I see my car on the list, a few weeks ago I came across a cheap station that had the E15 pretty cheap but thanks goodness was scared to try it, came on TRR and found out what it was, the price is probably what draws people to try it