Bing Said City Workers Feel ‘Entitled,’ Says His Job Second Only To Obama’s

Valin

bing-said-city-workers-feel-entitled-says-his-job-second-only-to-obamasCBS Detroit:

11/29/12

DETROIT (CBS Detroit) Managing expectations is his day-to-day position against people who believe the mayor can solve all of Detroit’s problems is the hardest thing he deals with every day.

That’s according to an interview Detroit Mayor Dave Bing did with CNN where he talked about the community’s deep problems and how he plans to solve them.

“We are in an environment, I think, of entitlement, we’ve got a lot of people who are city workers, who for years and years, 20, 30 years, think they are entitled to a job and all that comes with it,” Bing said.

(Snip)

@Valin

True word: "“We are in an environment, I think, of entitlement, we’ve got a lot of people who are city workers, who for years and years, 20, 30 years, think they are entitled to a job and all that comes with it,” Bing said."

But when Bing says all have to participate in the pain, does he reflect Obama's opinion that it is only those greedy rich bastids who have to pay more and more or does he mean the slackers are going to have to sacrifice?

@Valin

True word: "“We are in an environment, I think, of entitlement, we’ve got a lot of people who are city workers, who for years and years, 20, 30 years, think they are entitled to a job and all that comes with it,” Bing said."

But when Bing says all have to participate in the pain, does he reflect Obama's opinion that it is only those greedy rich bastids who have to pay more and more or does he mean the slackers are going to have to sacrifice?

Two points

A. Detroit one more example of one party rule....in this case Democrat

B. Who is responsible for this one party rule? Republicans. Starting in the 60's(?) the GOP began to not fight for power in the inner cities, they left for the suburbs. Now I can't speak for other areas, but here in Mn. a Republican running for state wide office starts in a big hole, the name of that hole is Minneapolis/St Paul.