PROPOSED PARTISAN RULES CHANGE AN ‘AFFRONT TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE’

Geee

minority-leader-mitch-mcconnell-proposed-partisan-rules-change-an-affront-to-the-american-peopleHuman Events:

I’d like to turn to another issue that doesn’t grab as many headlines as these others we’re all focused on these days, but which is critically important, since it relates to a mortal threat that’s been quietly gathering against one of the most cherished safeguards of our government.

I’m referring to the latest effort by some on the other side, most of whom have never served a day in the minority, to force a change in the Senate rules at the beginning of the New Year that would fundamentally change the character of the Senate. This is no exaggeration.

What these Democrats have in mind is a fundamental change to the way the Senate operates for the purpose of consolidating their own power and further marginalizing the minority voices that the Senate was built to protect.

In the name of “efficiency,” their plan is to use a heavy-handed tactic that would poison party relations even more.

In the name of “efficiency,” they would prevent the very possibility of compromise, and threaten to make the disputes of the past few years look like pillow fights.

To understand why, let me explain in a little more detail what’s being proposed.

Scissors-32x32.png