Smearing Rubio

Geee

smearing-rubioAmerican Spectator:

In a recent interview, Senator Marco Rubio, the Republican front-runner for 2016, was asked, "How old do you think the Earth is?"

It's a ridiculous question of utter irrelevance to the status of the country and whether Marco Rubio would be a good president. Rubio's answer was excellent: "I'm not a scientist, man. I can tell you what recorded history says, I can tell you what the Bible says, but I think that's a dispute amongst theologians and I think it has nothing to do with the gross domestic product or economic growth of the United States. I think the age of the universe has zero to do with how our economy is going to grow. I'm not a scientist. I don't think I'm qualified to answer a question like that."

To any sensible person, this was a perfect response. Predictably, however, liberals responded right on cue with knee-jerk condemnation. An editor for the New York Times -- that flagship of faith and reason -- judged Rubio's response "ludicrous." A writer at the liberal Slate, who no doubt Googled before crafting his analysis, claimed authoritatively: "Our planet was formed 4.54 billion years ago. If Rubio suggested otherwise, it's because he's uninformed or stupid."

Ah, yes. I'm sure everyone at Slate knows that the Earth is 4.54 billion years old.Scissors-32x32.png