Eventually, Math Wins

Valin

eventually-math-winsPoints and Figures :

Jeff Carter

November 23rd, 2012

While standing in line at my local Treasure Island I overheard a conversation between the cashier and the bagger. The cashier said, “Did you see how much they raised the cost of a monthly CTA bus pass?”. The bagger said, “Uh-huh, $100.”.

The CTA did hike fares. For a monthly pass, it went from $86 to $100. That’s a 16.28% rise in price. For the unfortunate travelers coming in from O’Hare, the cost of a ride went from $2.25 to $5, a 122.22% increase! No surprise, but the politically protected class that rides the elevated train from Midway to the city got no fare increase.

(Snip)

The response of the bagger-”Well, they will have to hike minimum wage so I can afford it.” I responded, “If they hike the minimum wage, it will create more unemployment and make it tougher to find work.”. The checkout clerk agreed with me.

(Snip)

Read on to find out what is happening

"Whoever has an ear to hear, let him hear."

Matthew 11:15

H/T Instapundit

Interesting. Yet, given the voting records of the Jewish community despite the obvious damage Obama is doing to Israel, and given the voting records of the Catholic community despite Obama's obvious assualt on the Catholic Church, and given the voting records of the black community despite the near destruction of their culture by the welfare state...I think it is foolish to assume that even people who can add 1+1 and get 2, are willing to save themselves from their own demise.

Interesting. Yet, given the voting records of the Jewish community despite the obvious damage Obama is doing to Israel, and given the voting records of the Catholic community despite Obama's obvious assualt on the Catholic Church, and given the voting records of the black community despite the near destruction of their culture by the welfare state...I think it is foolish to assume that even people who can add 1+1 and get 2, are willing to save themselves from their own demise.

?

The point of the article seems to be that as math wins, people will inevitably conclude the supposedly obvious...that democrat policies kill the economy.

My premise is, that while even the average Joe might finally do the correct math, it won't stop them from voting for the people who impose the policies that are killing us.

The point of the article seems to be that as math wins, people will inevitably conclude the supposedly obvious...that democrat policies kill the economy.

My premise is, that while even the average Joe might finally do the correct math, it won't stop them from voting for the people who impose the policies that are killing us.

AH! Thanks. The light bulb goes on.