Coulter is a Coward

Valin

coulter-is-a-coward-2Right Scoop:

JenKuznicki

November 23rd, 2012

Everybody has given their explanation of what went wrong in the presidential election. Some say that the electorate has changed, some say that the party has to be less inclined to nominate moderates, some say conservatives have to give up on abortion and amnesty, some say nobody could have won against Obama, and some say massive unprecedented voter fraud in Obama’s favor was the only reason he won.

I read Ann Coulter’s fractured column from Wednesday only because Mark Levin linked to it. Coulter wants it to be clear that Romney wasn’t the problem, so don’t blame him for the loss. I don’t read her stuff regularly anymore like I used to. I don’t watch her on TV, I don’t listen when she is interviewed on radio. I don’t like frauds, I like people who are honest and forthright, straight-talking and who can connect with me on a “we are all Americans” basis. Someone who sees me eye-to-eye, not one that looks down at me. As a huge fan of talk radio and an observer of American politics, it has been clear now for about a year that Ann Coulter is not who I thought she was, and I have written extensively about it.

Wednesday’s column was very telling, and you can tell Coulter directed it at one person. Mark Levin.

(Snip)

Ann Coulter thinks Mitt Romney was superior to Ronald Reagan, and she is embarrassing herself

Mark Levin on Thursday, November 22, 2012

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/21/romney-was-not-the-problem/

Really Ann? You mean Romney's one debate bests Reagan's decades of advocacy for conservatism, his battles with the Republican establishment, and his building a conservative movement? Fact is Romney has done nothing for conservatism. I repeat, nothing. No leadership. No grassroots efforts. No major policy initiatives. Nothing. Reagan won two landslides. Romney won nothing. Cherry-picking facts Ann, in some strange cult-like obsession, fools no one. Same with your cheerleading for Chris Christie.

Not the 1st time these two have butted heads. This should be good.

Those of you who have been here for any length of time know my opinion of the boney blond broad.

Happy to say I didn't care for Coulter before not caring for Coulter was cool.

That said, I don't care for Levin either, so there's that.

• Like 2

I didn't care for Levin (past tense). I hear him now more than I used to, and based on the last 8 months in the republican party, I find his insight a lot more accurate than I used to. I I just wish he wouldn't talk so loud.

I should also add in substance: I think Christie is entertaining and I like his no nonsense communication style but he's not a conservative. I like Romney and he had qualities and experience to match our needs at this time but we will never know if he would have been a great president. I think blaming him for this loss is far, far too convenient because our losses are bigger than a single man. And finally, I genuinely believe that Reagan could not win a national election in this day and age...which is a problem we need to address. We must, MUST make our message relevant to youth and the future and quit pining for yesterday.

I didn't care for Levin (past tense). I hear him now more than I used to, and based on the last 8 months in the republican party, I find his insight a lot more accurate than I used to. I I just wish he wouldn't talk so loud.

I should try again I suppose. His style just grates in me. And his voice which isn't his fault. He is definitely a smart man.

Assessing & assigning blame is normal, but really boring & pointless. We lost. They cheated & won. Done.

That being said, I still like Coulter. She's abrasive, but she's smart & even a little funny, too. Her forte is political satire & ridicule of the liberal mindset. She gets no points for being gentle, courteous & "spot-on." She's supposed to be a little outrageous & provoke a reaction.

I understand your reaction though. Even though I watch FNC more than any other channel, I am frankly tired of the fair & balanced Juan Williams, Alan Colmes & Bob Beckel. Maybe I don't want to be so fair & balanced......and I absolutely cannot stand Bill O'Reilly anymore. Every blustering, bragging, over-talking interview of his, makes me gag.

• Like 2

I should try again I suppose. His style just grates in me. And his voice which isn't his fault. He is definitely a smart man.

His style is not my cup of tea (I don't like shouters), but if you listen to his talks/speeches away from his show, you'll see a different Mark Levin.

Don't conflate conservatism and Republicanism

Philip Klein

11/21/12

Conservatism and Republicanism, though clearly linked, are two distinct concepts. At times this truth seems obvious, but at other times the distinction is less clear. We have recently entered one of those phases where the lines have blurred.

Ever since the results of this year's election rolled in, there's been a raging debate over why Republicans lost and what they need to do to prevail in future contests. At times, this debate has descended into an opportunity for various factions within the party to advance their particular point of view -- that social issues need to sidelined, for instance, or that Republicans need to abandon their obsession with cutting taxes. At other times, it has been a productive exercise in exploring how the Republican Party can modernize.

Conservative commentators and thinkers have been leading participants in this conversation. This is natural. After all, if conservatism is to exist outside of an abstract theory in books, magazines and journal articles, then the Republican Party remains the most practical vehicle for achieving the movement's policy goals. But at the same time, as conservatives rush to save the Republican Party, it's important that they don't lose conservatism itself.

To give a more tangible example from the current political debate: In the coming months, Republicans are wrestling with whether it's too politically risky to push bold entitlement reforms.

(Snip)

Entitlement reforms are coming....its just a matter of who does them.....us through our representatives or The Market.