WEST: Counting blessings despite election bruises

Geee

counting-blessings-despite-election-bruisesWashington Times:

This week, most Americans from sea to shining sea will gather for a special meal. Thanksgiving Day is when all of us, regardless of who we are or our origins, can take a moment to reflect on the bounty that is ours as citizens of these United States.

It is appropriate to take these moments of grateful reflection, even during moments of disappointment. Serving my constituents in the House of Representatives has been one of the highest honors of my life. I am thankful to have had that opportunity but disappointed it will not continue.

Since Election Day, my staff and supporters worked to uphold the integrity of America’s electoral system. We tried to make sure every vote was counted accurately and fairly. While many supporters urged me to continue to contest the results of the election, my legal team did not believe further action would affect the outcome.

As a result, this will be a particularly bittersweet celebration for my family, as I expect it might be for many families across the country.

There is much economic hardship in our nation, and depending on the decisions taken during the next few months, it may deepen before it improves. There is a gathering storm in the Middle East, with potentially serious implications for the security of our country, and particularly that of our closest ally, Israel.Scissors-32x32.png

@Geee

If our brothers and sisters on The Left think Allen West is going away...they had better think again.

This was a redistricting loss. The Fla GOP changed his district so it became more Blue.

When Alan Grayson wins and Alan West loses-it's not my kinda worldsad.png

Agree.

OTOH think how much fun we are going to have at Grayson's experience, and how we can use him to beat the Democrats/Left over the head?

If there wasn't an Alan Grayson, we'd have to invent him.

• Like 1