The Mysterious Death of Gen. George S. Patton

Geee

the_mysterious_death_of_gen_george_s_patton.htmlAmerican Thinker:

Sixty-seven years ago, on a cold December 9th in 1945 Germany, legendary American general George S. Patton was injured in a strange auto "accident" on a road outside Mannheim, near the Rhine River. The opinionated anticommunist died twelve days later. Today, the evidence that he was murdered -- the first in a line of postwar political assassinations including that of President John F. Kennedy -- is mounting.

In 2008 my book about Patton's mysterious death, Target: Patton, was published by Regnery with the core evidence, including:

● Patton was the only passenger hurt that cold day in what essentially was described as a "fender-bender." Two others in the car with him were uninjured, as were those in the truck that suddenly turned and caused the crash. Scissors-32x32.png

So, @Valin. What do you think of this?

I always assumed it was black marketeers that killed him, as he was cracking down hard on them. What I find interesting about this is like in all conspiracy theories Wilcox doesn't provide any concrete answers. That Patton did not play well with others, that the Russians were trying to take over all of western Europe, that there were any number of shadowy groups running around Europe doing any number of nefarious things...these are all well known facts. Who ever did it, they are dead now or in their 90's and this guy is trying to turn a buck on something that (as far as I can tell) have no relevance today. I mean you can find all kinds of theories out there about who killed Lincoln, JFK, did FDR really know about pearl harbor, the queen of England is really a shape shifting lizard alien.

Short answer is...I don't think about it very much at all. Except about the shape shifting lizard alien...that's The Truth! smile.png

Thank you. That's the answer I needed. It did occur even to my pea brain that he was trying to sell his book via the American Thinker. What an interesting time that was -- shadowy groups running around Europe!

But we are living in interesting times now, too.

Thank you. That's the answer I needed. It did occur even to my pea brain that he was trying to sell his book via the American Thinker. What an interesting time that was -- shadowy groups running around Europe!

But we are living in interesting times now, too.

YEAH ME!!! biggrin.png

You sell yourself way too short lady!!!

• Like 1

I love conspiracy theories and believe none of them. The key to the viability of a conspiracy is usually one missing fact, and if you know that fact, the whole conspiracy theory tumbles like a house of cards. The simple fact is, in almost every case, life just isn't as sinister as fiction and the more diabolical a conspiracy, the less likely it is that none of the people involved wouldn't spill the beans at some point.

Conspiracies generally depend on a single secret controlling group that runs the world and the belief that everything is intentional and planned.

It would be nice if things were that tidy. Life's messy.

Two things stood out in this post [for me]:

1.) FDR signing over half of Europe to Stalin, in return for his help in establishing the UN. "A dream of FDR's." How many lived in misery, persecution & hopelessness.....and how many died for "FDR's Dream of the UN?" Another Democrappic icon, that cared little for the little people & more for his Dreams , Hopes & Changes.

2.) My understanding is that "Wild Bill" Donovan [founder of the CIA] was FDR's creature. A flawed man, that could be manipulated, by a "puppet master."

I found this link: https://www.cia.gov/.../article07.html

Scissors-32x32.png

Franklin Roosevelt's love of manipulation, bureaucratic competition, and secrecy, plus Donovan's administrative incompetence, greatly increased the difficulty of building an effective intelligence system. Indeed, if left to their own devices, FDR and Donovan would have failed miserably. In early 1942, the Joint Chiefs of Staff sought to destroy the COI—as a civilian entity, it was a rival to the military intelligence organizations. Gen. Walter Bedell Smith, a regular Army officer and astute administrator, saw the potential value of the COI and suggested taking it into the military where it could be put to effective use.

Scissors-32x32.png

Roosevelt had an enormous appetite for raw intelligence reports, and Donovan responded by sending him a constant stream. Consequently, and like senior consumers ever since, FDR often served as his own analyst. During the war, the United States had to weigh the benefits of cracking down on neutral states, like Switzerland, that provided Germany with vital supplies against the costs of losing important intelligence outposts—business as usual, however repugnant, often was tolerated with an eye toward the greater goal. Missions and priorities also would change in sudden and unexpected ways and intelligence had to respond. The OSS was ordered to find and track German-controlled assets and financial flows, much as we now seek to track criminal and terrorist finances. Donovan's officers also had to decide whether or how to deal with questionable—or downright evil—agents and sources. All of this took place, moreover, against a backdrop of frequent leaks, both by FDR's political opponents as well as by the FBI, the military, and the OSS itself, as the intelligence services competed for influence and resources. This aspect of Roosevelt's Secret War may be depressingly familiar, but also shows that such problems, while making life hard, are a permanent fact of life in Washington.

Scissors-32x32.png

Eisenhower was a tactician, who liked Patton early in their careers, but near WWII's end, could barely tolerate Patton. Patton was a brilliant commander, a prima dona and at times an eccentric, that believed he was a re-incarnated soldier that fought & died in several battles centuries before his own time. FDR liked Patton, because he because he brought victory & good press for FDR. Harry Truman however: [per Wiki]

Roosevelt's successor, Harry S. Truman, appears to have taken an instant dislike to Patton, at one point comparing him to George Armstrong Custer.

The British spy agencies did not care too much for Patton either, and they were a big factor in the establishment of Donovan's CIA.

• Like 1

I love conspiracy theories and believe none of them. The key to the viability of a conspiracy is usually one missing fact, and if you know that fact, the whole conspiracy theory tumbles like a house of cards. The simple fact is, in almost every case, life just isn't as sinister as fiction and the more diabolical a conspiracy, the less likely it is that none of the people involved wouldn't spill the beans at some point.

Sure, now I suppose you're gonna try and tell me The Queen of England isn't a shape shifting alien lizard, bent on conquest of the earth!

tongue.png