Flunking Out of Ethics Class?

Valin

honesty-is-the-best-policyVia Meadia:

11/17/12

In a week that prominently featured a cascade of moral failures among this nation’s top military and intelligence brass, we note there is lots of talk about “ethics classes” for the brass. Frankly, by the time somebody is all grown up and wearing an officer’s uniform, the time for ethics training is probably past. This is something that needs to be done above all at home, and later on in schools and houses of worship. The Greatest Generation pretty much decided to dispense with this stuff when the time came to raise the Boomers and America is reaping the bitter harvest of that neglect today, with a generation of out of control investment bankers, CEOs, politicians, journalists and now generals now busily transcending the “outdated” moral codes they were never really taught to respect.

Oh well. Perhaps enough millennials will be so disgusted and appalled by the disgraceful spectacle of middle aged debauchés with more libido than impulse control that they will start looking for the guidance many have never had. It isn’t hard to find; Via Meadia has it on good authority that

Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets: She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying, How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

(Snip)

Whatever you do...do not Click Here