Orca: How the Romney Campaign Suppressed its own Vote

Rokke

Orca-How-the-Romney-Campaign-Suppressed-Its-Own-VoteBreitbart: As Republicans try to explain their Election Day losses in terms of policy, tactics, and strategy, one factor is emerging as the essential difference between the Obama and Romney campaigns on November 6: the absolute failure of Romney’s get-out-the-vote effort, which underperformed even John McCain’s lackluster 2008 turnout. One culprit appears to be “Orca,” the Romney’s massive technology effort, which failed completely. snip

If true, this is gross buffoonery. And explains a lot. I remember reading about this program the night before election. All I could wonder was how they were able to keep it a secret without testing it. It appears they didn't test it.

• Like 1

My next-door neighbor was one of those volunteer poll watchers and described to me this very thing and her frustration at trying to deal with it.

I have to think though, if you are not motivated to vote without a phone call, there is already a problem.

I think it's systemic. We won before this kind of technology. We need to go back to looking at the bigger picture and sure, use all the tools. But they are just tools.

• Like 1