Christie: "I wouldn't call what I did an embrace of Barrack Obama"

Rokke

But @saveliberty, lives weren't saved. Obama's visit accomplished nothing other than PR. That's the point. Christie didn't improve a single thing by hugging Obama. The area is still a complete disaster. All he did was hand Obama one of the biggest PR stunts of the election. And now, he's trying to hide from that. Ain't gonna happen.

• Like 3

But @saveliberty, lives weren't saved. Obama's visit accomplished nothing other than PR. That's the point. Christie didn't improve a single thing by hugging Obama. The area is still a complete disaster. All he did was hand Obama one of the biggest PR stunts of the election. And now, he's trying to hide from that. Ain't gonna happen.

@Rokke, it's true that it was PR for Obama. And it's also true that Christie needed FEMA help for his state. No politician prevented the loss of life, although Christie really tried to get people to evacuate. FEMA was not well prepared, from what I'd read.

Let's go back to August 2005. I loved President Bush, even though I didn't always agree with him. And he is without question a better man. But I think he did the right thing when he went to visit the victims of Hurricane Katrina. The left could argue that his trips were photo ops to recover from the flyover picture, and there is some amount of truth to that, even though I believe that President Bush is a good, decent man who wanted government to actually do its job.

What is different this time is that we had the snapshot before the election and now expect media silence, but the complaints still keep bubbling up. Someone has to deal with this and in the end, this hurts Obama. Chris Matthews hurt the MSM.

Would Christie's actions, done differently, have encouraged 8 million white voters to the polls? I don't think so.

We saw that demographic hold back in 2008.

This year, there may have been some of that, some of the observation that Romney (while a good man) could not actually inspire people to vote for him, but the comparisons of the white vote in swing states to non swing states really does support the idea that people got sick of the negative ads and that the President's vilification plan worked.

@saveliberty, I agree with what you just wrote. I disagreed with your initial implication that Obama and Christie meeting had anything to do with saving lives. It was nothing more than PR. And recent news that Christie was so excited to personally meet Bruce Springsteen that he cried tells me all I need to know about what he really cares about. Fortunately, I no longer live in New Jersey. Also fortunately, I think Chris Christie's search for the spotlight has finally sealed his own fate.

• Like 1

Strange what a little panic....and pandering....can do to a man.

For whatever reason, this guy was not picked as the VP running mate for the repubs.

Then...along comes the storm...and the repub turns into a syncophatic dem begging for money and praising Obama!

Perhaps he can run for some national office on the dem side of the fence. I'm sure they'd welcome him with open arms.

But he's finished in the repub party....or on the right as a whole.

@saveliberty, I agree with what you just wrote. I disagreed with your initial implication that Obama and Christie meeting had anything to do with saving lives. It was nothing more than PR. And recent news that Christie was so excited to personally meet Bruce Springsteen that he cried tells me all I need to know about what he really cares about. Fortunately, I no longer live in New Jersey. Also fortunately, I think Chris Christie's search for the spotlight has finally sealed his own fate.

Thank you, @Rokke. I wrote inexactly.

"Also fortunately, I think Chris Christie's search for the spotlight has finally sealed his own fate."

@Rokke

@saveliberty

Regardless, wherever Christie goes he will still cast a large shadow....

wink.png

Is this Groundhog Day?

Wait.

• Like 1

CHRISTIE CALLS OBAMA TO CONGRATULATE, EMAILS ROMNEY

New Jersey Gov. Benedict Arnold Christie revealed that he took the time to make a personal phone call to congratulate Barack Obama on his reelection. Christie was clear that any political chicanery was not discussed:

“We didn’t have a political strategy discussion. I said congratulations on your win last night Mr. President, he said thank you governor.”

Oops. Properly italicized, that last sentence should read, “Thank you, Governor.”Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/11/08/Christie-Calls-Obama-To-Congratulate-But-Only-Emails-Condolences-To-Romney

CHRISTIE CALLS OBAMA TO CONGRATULATE, EMAILS ROMNEY

New Jersey Gov. Benedict Arnold Christie revealed that he took the time to make a personal phone call to congratulate Barack Obama on his reelection. Christie was clear that any political chicanery was not discussed:

“We didn’t have a political strategy discussion. I said congratulations on your win last night Mr. President, he said thank you governor.”

Oops. Properly italicized, that last sentence should read, “Thank you, Governor.”Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/11/08/Christie-Calls-Obama-To-Congratulate-But-Only-Emails-Condolences-To-Romney

I was listening to NRO's Three Martini Lunch, they were saying this.

I'd say he has not shot himself in the foot...he's emptied the whole magazine.