Election Night Survey: Voters Conservative on Issues, No Trust in Either Party

Valin

Breitbart-News-Network-Judicial-Watch-Election-Night-Survey-Conservative-Issues-No-Trust-in-PartyBreitbart News:

Joel B. Pollak

8 Nov 2012

The Breitbart News Network and Judicial Watch partnered with Public Opinion Strategies to conduct an election night survey that included 800 respondents contacted by land line (70%) and cell phone (30%). The partisan breakdown was D+3, within the margin of national exit polls, which suggested a D+6 electorate. The margin of error was 3.46%.

Voters’ responses suggest that the American public agrees with conservative policies--but does not trust the Republican Party to implement them.

For example, voters dislike big government, with 71% agreeing (and 49% strongly agreeing) that: “The larger the size of government the more opportunities it creates for possible corruption.” In addition, 85% of voters said they were concerned about corruption in Washington, and 53% described themselves as “very concerned.”

Yet voters do not trust Republicans more than Democrats to deal with corruption. Only 34% said Republicans would do a better job of cleaning up corruption; 37% said Democrats would. That is an indictment of the permanent political class, regardless of party. And despite the President’s talk of cleaning up Washington, his party is not viewed as better able to do so.

(Snip)

Why Mitt Romney Lost

Wednesday, 07 Nov 2012 02:24 PM

By Christopher Ruddy

Christopher Ruddy’s Perspective: It was the worst of times and the worst of times.

With the 2012 election results in, there are no short- or even medium-term "silver linings" for Republicans.

President Barack Obama has won a decisive victory and the GOP, expecting to gain Senate seats, actually had a net loss of three.

As I said, it is easy to blame Sandy and Christie for Romney's loss. I won't. Sure they hurt Romney. But he lost for other reasons.

Sandy and Christie's double-dealing can be compared to bad turbulence that any experienced jet pilot should expect on a long mission. The turbulence may be rough, but it is nothing more than a passing episode for a good pilot with a smart flight plan. Scissors-32x32.png

On to why our pilot Mitt Romney and his plan were so flawed. Scissors-32x32.png

1. Paul Ryan. Romney's choice of Ryan was almost inexplicable.

A good conservative, Ryan was unqualified for the job of vice president, and therefore the job of president. A sitting member of Congress, he held no leadership position on the Hill.

Romney's VP selection was the most important one of his campaign, and by it he telegraphed his lack of political wisdom to the nation.

With his VP pick Romney had the opportunity to show he was willing to reach out to middle voters and break out of the GOP's demographic box (think Rubio, Nevada's Brian Sandoval, or New Mexico's Susana Martinez) or pick a Republican heavyweight who exuded gravitas while potentially giving him a state (think Rob Portman or Tim Pawlenty).

2. The Ryan Plan. Scissors-32x32.png

3. The Myth of a “Base Election.” Scissors-32x32.png

4. No Plan. Scissors-32x32.png

5. Crushing Optimism. Scissors-32x32.png

6. Poor Campaign Staff Scissors-32x32.png

7. No “Gingrich” Ads Against Obama. Scissors-32x32.png

8. Dissing Hispanics Scissors-32x32.png

The Republican Party might start the process with an image makeover — putting away the Wall Street look in favor of a Main Street one — while it takes back the mantle of Lincoln; a party that fights for the underdog and appeals to the aspirations of the American people. Scissors-32x32.png

http://news.newsmax....mo_code=109FA-1

You have to read this article and then you will say Bu** censored.gif as I did if you agree with him then oh well maybe I am out in left field, Oh I think Paul Ryan was not the best choice.

Is There Common Sense Left in America?

By: CJ

This is a long post, but in light of current political situation it benefits those that take the time to read it. No doubt many people are waking up today and wondering what has become of our nation. I’m there myself. I’ve often said that if President Obama were re-elected, I would have to do an extra two years in the military because I want someone else signing my retirement certificate. Today, I just can’t see that happening either. I find myself increasing looking at either early retirement or going ahead with the medical retirement I’ve been hoping to avoid.

But, then the patriot side of my psyche takes over. When I faced my first re-enlistment over 12 years ago, I seriously contemplated getting out of the Army. I wasn’t happy then with the state of leadership I witnessed in my peer and seniors. There were some standout people that I looked to as role models, but they tended to be the exception rather than the rule.

Over time, that has changed for the better and for worse as those things tend to do. There are still many great leaders in the military, but I they are becoming fewer and farther between in my opinion. This is evidenced, I think, by the continuing problem with suicides in the military. We simply aren’t taking care of our troops.

Posted Image

But, then I got to thinking about the challenges our nation faced in the early years of our fledgling republic. It was Christmas night in 1776 and next day would mark Washington’s famous crossing of the Delaware River. On the banks of the Delware about nine miles from Trenton, Washing was encamped with his troops preparing for a surprise offensive. Washington held out hope that this offensive would save his position as general and invigorate his troops. His troops were exhausted and the cold weather was weighing on morale. There was no supply of winter clothing or refuge from the winter that had turned oppressively cold. The British were beating them battle after battle. Washington himself faced the prospect of being replaced by a Congress that wasn’t at all impressed with him.

Washington pulled his officers together and ordered them to read “The American Crisis” by Thomas Paine. Scissors-32x32.png

THE AMERICAN CRISIS, by Thomas Paine

thomas_paine-230x300.jpgTHESE are the times that try men’s souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated. Britain, with an army to enforce her tyranny, has declared that she has a right (not only to TAX) but “to BIND us in ALL CASES WHATSOEVER,” and if being bound in that manner, is not slavery, then is there not such a thing as slavery upon earth. Even the expression is impious; for so unlimited a power can belong only to God.

Whether the independence of the continent was declared too soon, or delayed too long, I will not now enter into as an argument; my own simple opinion is, that had it been eight months earlier, it would have been much better. We did not make a proper use of last winter, neither could we, while we were in a dependent state. However, the fault, if it were one, was all our own*; we have none to blame but ourselves. But no great deal is lost yet. All that Howe has been doing for this month past, is rather a ravage than a conquest, which the spirit of the Jerseys, a year ago, would have quickly repulsed, and which time and a little resolution will soon recover. Scissors-32x32.png

http://floppingaces....eft-in-america/