Storm Aftermath. Feel the love: Utility workers pelted with eggs after Bridgeport, Conn. mayor blasts provider

Pepper

bridgeport-utility-workers-report-having-objects-thrown-at-them-by-residentsInitially Fox then other sources over time:

Can we post Sandy aftermath and lessons here?

Utility workers pelted with eggs after Bridgeport, Conn. mayor blasts provider

Lesson:

when your power is off, throwing eggs at the power crew is not a wise thing.

we were without power for over 2 weeks in Dec due to ice storm one time, the most beautifl sight was when we could see the utility workers on our block. These people don't deserve power

Amid Sandy’s devastation, Long Island union sent written demand to Florida utilities: Pay dues or stay home

In a two-page Oct. 29 contract, the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) local 1049 demanded union dues, pay hikes and benefit contributions from Florida electric utilities before its workers would be permitted to help reconnect power to Long Island communities. The demand came as Hurricane Sandy was bearing down on the Northeastern United States, stranding tens of millions without electricity.

The “Letter of Assent,” which The Daily Caller obtained from the Florida Municipal Electric Association, demanded 11 separate financial commitments from municipal power companies and electrical cooperatives in the Sunshine State. The agreement, for any utility that decided to sign it, would have been in force from Oct. 29 to Nov. 29.Scissors-32x32.png

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/03/amid-sandys-devastation-long-island-union-sent-written-demand-to-florida-utilities-pay-dues-or-stay-home/

• Like 2

There will be some lessons after this storm, and none good for Barry and his powerful new FEMA, Nappie Janet and his union leaders, @Geee.

I think some people were starting to see how teachers union cared more about them selves then the students and teachers they are suppose to represent. Maybe this will shoe how unions overall are out for the power of big bosses and not the people!

There will be some lessons after this storm, and none good for Barry and his powerful new FEMA, Nappie Janet and his union leaders, @Geee.

I think some people were starting to see how teachers union cared more about them selves then the students and teachers they are suppose to represent. Maybe this will shoe how unions overall are out for the power of big bosses and not the people!

In watching a few videos of the recovery effort, one thing struck me. It looks like a lot of people are waiting around for the government to come and "do something" "help them", and getting angry when it doesn't happen fast enough. I find this...disturbing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgOp-nz3lHg

@Valin

We know you are disturbed... running for cover.

That is what we get with our great Nanny state philosophy and sissies minding the minds of children.

James Burke connections was a great program, BTW

@Valin

We know you are disturbed... running for cover.

That is what we get with our great Nanny state philosophy and sissies minding the minds of children.

James Burke connections was a great program, BTW

All I can say is if it were me, I'd try to get some neighbors together and ask "What can we do?" Now maybe this is happening and what we see on the news is the squeaky wheel. I hope so.

The point of that Connections is how vulnerable our civilization really is. We take so much for granted.