CAN ALLEN HOLD VIRGINIA, EVEN IF ROMNEY DOESN’T?

Geee

can-allen-hold-virginia-even-if-romney-doesntHuman Events:

Virginia is looking up for Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, and he may have big enough coattails for senatorial candidate George Allen to hitch a ride.

Jim Gilmore, former governor of Virginia, said, “Romney will carry Virginia. That’s my expectation.”

“If Romney carries Virginia by two or three, then I think George comes right on in,” he said.

“Now, it’s a question of who is going to turn out, and I think the Republicans have much more of an air of desperation about them, that they really want to go to the polls,” he said.

Gilmore is currently president and CEO of the nonpartisan, non-profit Free Congress Foundation, but as a former governor, former chairman of the Republican National Committee, and former chairman of the Republican Governors Association, he gives Romney his endorsement, he said.

“My sense is that the Virginians are going to turn out much more for Romney than they are for Obama. Obama seems to be on autopilot,” he said.Scissors-32x32.png

It is now about 110 hours before we can begin going to the polls. That is, for those of us who either a) didn't vote early or B) are not voting absentee.

At this point, it appears from the polls that the stain and Romney are in a virtual tie for popular vote. However, as all of us are well aware and further had foreknowledge of "how the game is played" well before this godawful election season began. And that is, the Electoral College names the president. It has always been thus in this Republic. And with respect to Electoral College votes, Mr. Romney is not doing well at this very late date.

So...without further ado, I'm going to go out on a limb and predict who the Electoral College is going to vote as the next president.

The Stain = 320

Romney = 218

Further, while the House will remain in Republican hands, the Senate (by a narrower margin) will remain Democrat controlled.

There you have it.

And I wish to all that is right and good that I were wrong, but I don't think I am.

Oh...the popular vote??? Who the hell cares!

@logicnreason

I am asking that my representative file a bill to have the electoral vote per square mile basis

sleep.png

Not a bad idea, but it will not have any effect on this election. And when the stain is put back in office, it will be the end of the America we've known.