Benghazi: No ‘October Surprise’

Valin

benghazi-no-october-surprise-jonah-goldbergNational Review: Jonah Goldberg

10/31/12

If you want to understand why conservatives have lost faith in the so-called mainstream media, you need to ponder the question: Where is the Benghazi feeding frenzy?

Unlike some of my colleagues on the right, I don’t think there’s a conspiracy at work. Rather, I think journalists tend to act on their instincts (some even brag about this; you could look it up). And, collectively, the mainstream media’s instincts run liberal, making groupthink inevitable.

In 2000, a Democratic operative orchestrated an “October surprise” attack on George W. Bush, revealing that, 24 years earlier, he’d been arrested for drunk driving. The media went into a feeding frenzy. “Is all the 24-hour coverage of Bush’s 24-year-old DUI arrest the product of a liberal media almost drunk on the idea of sinking him, or is it a legitimate, indeed unavoidable news story?” asked Howard Kurtz in a segment for his CNN show Reliable Sources. The consensus among the guests: It wasn’t a legitimate news story. But the media kept going with it.

(Snip)

The NY Times: Abu Ghraib vs. Benghazi

10/5/12

nytimes.jpg

• Like 2

Media Bias 101: Benghazi vs. Watergate and Iran-Contra

Who'd have thought that hyenas could turn into lambs.

Paul Kengor

Question: How is Benghazi different from Watergate and Iran-Contra? The obvious answer: the media. Liberal journalists turned Watergate and Iran-Contra into gigantic national scandals by their consistent, relentless pursuit of both stories; to the contrary, they are consistently, relentlessly ignoring Benghazi.

The media's treatment of Watergate needs no explanation here. The press detested Richard Nixon unlike any modern president. Sure, the liberal media went after George W. Bush, but nothing like the way it attacked Richard Nixon. Liberals' hatred of Nixon was pathological. It dated to Nixon's work in exposing Alger Hiss. As Nixon would say at the end of his life, the Hiss-Chambers trial forever forged a legion of unwavering Nixon enemies on the left. I'm not saying that Richard Nixon was an angel, but if you want to understand Watergate, you need to understand the hatred of Nixon by the liberal media.

The media's feelings about Ronald Reagan were not quite the same, but nasty nonetheless. Liberal journalists demonized Reagan, calling him everything from an idiot to a nuclear warmonger. They caricatured Reagan as a dawdling old fool who wanted to blow up the world and who disliked the homeless, the poor, minorities, and on and on. They blamed Ragan for everything from greed to AIDS. And they searched diligently for a Watergate-like scandal to run Reagan out of the White House, as they had Nixon.

(Snip)

I wonder if a Congressional investigation could be done requiring all emails and communications between WH and MSM?

Thought. Would they eventually wind up in the National Archives and not sealed for 100 years?

I wonder if a Congressional investigation could be done requiring all emails and communications between WH and MSM?

Thought. Would they eventually wind up in the National Archives and not sealed for 100 years?

I really doubt they exist, on this. It's not necessary, once Fox News started covering it, that was enough to kill it as far as the MSM is concerned.

Geraldo And Eric Bolling In Screaming Match Over Attempts To Blame Obama Admin. For Benghazi Deaths

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/geraldo-and-eric-bolling-in-screaming-match-over-attempts-to-blame-obama-admin-for-benghazi-deaths/

One of these days he is going to get another broken nose.

Wonder when his contract is up with Fox?

I've got a Dollar!

Geraldo And Eric Bolling In Screaming Match Over Attempts To Blame Obama Admin. For Benghazi Deaths

http://www.mediaite....enghazi-deaths/

One of these days he is going to get another broken nose.

Wonder when his contract is up with Fox?

I've got a Dollar!

One of the most seriously complete lefty-libs in history, punched him in the nose. Kurt Vonnegut, [his father-in-law at the time] decided he'd had enough Jerry Rivers.....and punched him for cheating on his daughter. He was still maintaining that he'd do it again, if given the chance....up until Vonnegut passed. If it weren't for his journalistic accomplishments, Capone's safe & the map for al Qaeda to use, drawn in the sand, when he was "embedded' with his Special Forces group; he'd be a foot-note in the smallest book in the world.

Former SEAL: Obama Never Gave 'Cross-Border Authority' Orders

by Tony Lee2 Nov 2012

As more information comes to the light about the Obama administration's Benghazi cover-up, a former Navy SEAL officer who once took a military detachment to Libya suggests President Barack Obama was either AWOL -- essentially an "empty chair" -- or deliberately denied Americans under siege in Benghazi the aid they needed by not authorizing "cross-border authority," without which rescue operations could have taken place.

Matt Bracken, the former SEAL, writes "only the president can give the order for our military to cross a nation’s border without that nation’s permission." He notes that Obama granted "cross-border authority" for Americans to enter Pakistani airspace to take out Osama bin Laden but, "in order to prevent a military rescue in Benghazi," all Obama had to do was not grant the authority and any rescue missions would not have been able to go forward without the CBA.

As soon as terrorists attacked the U.S. consulate in Libya, dozens of headquarters -- including AFRICOM and EUROCOM -- are notified so they can begin their planning Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/11/02/Ex-SEAL-Obama-Never-Gave-Cross-Border-Authority-Orders-To-Aid-Americans-Under-Siege-In-Libya

Study: Media Framed Benghazi In Obama’s Terms

11/2/12

Leading newspapers framed the Benghazi attack story in terms of a spontaneous protest (the Obama administration’s version) four times as often as a planned terrorist attack (the Republican version), according to a study by the Center for Media and Public Affairs at George Mason University and Chapman University. The study also found that the most frequent theme of the coverage concerned hate speech vs. free speech, followed closely by security problems at the consulate.

According to CMPA President Dr Robert Lichter, “This story shows both the extent and the limits of a president’s ability to shape the news of a foreign policy crisis.”

(Snip)

11/2/12

Leading newspapers framed the Benghazi attack story in terms of a spontaneous protest (the Obama administration’s version) four times as often as a planned terrorist attack (the Republican version), according to a study by the Center for Media and Public Affairs at George Mason University and Chapman University. The study also found that the most frequent theme of the coverage concerned hate speech vs. free speech, followed closely by security problems at the consulate.

According to CMPA President Dr Robert Lichter, “This story shows both the extent and the limits of a president’s ability to shape the news of a foreign policy crisis.”

(Snip)

@Valin!

I see this as the WH "training" the media. They've controlled the vertical. They've controlled the horizontal. It's no excuse, but Obama has had the media starved for news bites......controlling even video, with WH inside production. They should have refused to play his game, but Jarrett, Axelrod & Plouffe are nothing if not "media manipulators."

11/2/12

(Snip)

@Valin!

I see this as the WH "training" the media. They've controlled the vertical. They've controlled the horizontal. It's no excuse, but Obama has had the media starved for news bites......controlling even video, with WH inside production. They should have refused to play his game, but Jarrett, Axelrod & Plouffe are nothing if not "media manipulators."

I have some doubts that they needed much training.

11/2/12

(Snip)

@Valin!

I have some doubts that they needed much training.

Agreed. If you take a "suck-up" media & then spoon feed them.......they almost act tame.