OBAMACARE SHUTTERS D.C. FAMILY PRACTICE

Geee

beaten-by-obamacare-washington-doctor-throws-in-the-towelHuman Events:

A Washington physician, whose father founded his practice in the late 1960s, is shuttering operations because of the burdens created by federal health care reform, in addition to Medicare and insurance company hassles.

Health care regulations and laws created by President Barack Obama’s 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act are the biggest problem, said Dr. Andrew Lee, a general practitioner who has treated more than 10,000 patients since he opened his business.

“I think all citizens in America should be provided with some access to health care,” he said. “But, I am not sure this is the right way to shovel a massive law through,” he said. “My anticipation is that it will be modified, some.”

Lee said he and his wife, who is also a doctor, took over his father’s practice in 1999 at the same address in the capital’s Chinatown, where his father started it. “He actually grew up in the house next door.”

The doctor was born in D.C., at the former Columbia Hospital for Women, now a condominium complex called The Columbian. “When I walk by with my kids I tell them: ‘You know, I was born there, I could retire there,’” he said.Scissors-32x32.png