2012 Presidential Election Part 7

Valin

Will be interesting to see if any of WHI predictions play out tomorrow.

Gonna be a lot of people with egg on their faces soon.

IF Mitt Romney wins, and I am cautiously optimistic, I plan on setting new standards for snarkyness smugness and insufferability over on CGP. You know it is said the the time to be gracious is when you are victorious, and normally I subscribe to this (or try to), but there are some people who I am not going to be gracious in victory to. I'm looking forward to being decidedly ungracious to.

• Like 5

All right everybody, say your prayers tonight that our nation gets back to founding principles tomorrow. And pray that more Ohio-ans come to their senses.

• Like 3

All right everybody, say your prayers tonight that our nation gets back to founding principles tomorrow. And pray that more Ohio-ans come to their senses.

And we pray that the democrats lose majority in the Senate!!!

• Like 1

Bill Whittle

Seen on Instapundit...

Full thoughts tomorrow, but until then, BE OF GOOD CHEER. Polls are based only on how they are weighted. It is my firm belief -- based on personal experience, yes, but also on relative crowd size, Wisconsin, and the fact that people stood in the summer sun for THREE HOURS to get a chicken sandwich -- that pollsters have it close because what is going to happen tomorrow has never happened before in this country.The simply do not know how to sample or weigh what I think we are going to see. Silent America has been waiting for tomorrow for three years, and Silent America is going to do something no one will believe.

• Like 4

The Election Will Not Be Close

http://www.americant...t_be_close.html

The election is tomorrow. The entire buildup to this point has been somewhat surreal. The pollsters tell us that the election is too close to call, but that does not conform with reality.

It is easy to distort reality based on predispositions and desires. For that reason, I state mine. I have no interest in Romney winning other than that he is not Obama. I am not a Republican, although I generally believe that their ideas are less bad than those of Democrats. In a real sense, I am what you might call an "equal-opportunity hater" with respect to politics. I don't want to be ruled by either party, or anyone else for that matter.

Why does it seem impossible to call this race? My eyes tell me things either that pollsters cannot see or that people are unwilling to tell them. Here are a few of them:

• The country is stuck in a recession which Obama has made worse. After four years, he has no plan to remedy matters.

• Foreign policy, arguably less understandable to voters, is disintegrating in front of their eyes. Benghazi is exploding all over Obama and is something he is unable to blame on someone else.

• More people are on food stamps and welfare than ever before. People sense that Obama is not displeased with this condition.

• Incomes are falling, and unemployment is not. College graduates cannot get jobs commensurate with their education. Despair is everywhere.

• Net worth is falling, and prices are rising. People's standard of living has declined for four straight years.

• Retirement is no longer an option for large segments of the population.

These are relatively objective measures which people see and feel.

Facts matter, especially to those concerned about the country, their futures, and the futures of their grandchildren. The electorate may not be the brightest, as H.L. Mencken always reminded us. But they do feel pain and do not relish it. Cats who jump on a hot stove are smart enough never to jump on a stove again. That may be the driving motivation in this election.

Scissors-32x32.png

Lot's of good news here.

The Election Will Not Be Close

http://www.americant...t_be_close.html

The election is tomorrow. The entire buildup to this point has been somewhat surreal. The pollsters tell us that the election is too close to call, but that does not conform with reality.

It is easy to distort reality based on predispositions and desires. For that reason, I state mine. I have no interest in Romney winning other than that he is not Obama. I am not a Republican, although I generally believe that their ideas are less bad than those of Democrats. In a real sense, I am what you might call an "equal-opportunity hater" with respect to politics. I don't want to be ruled by either party, or anyone else for that matter.

Why does it seem impossible to call this race? My eyes tell me things either that pollsters cannot see or that people are unwilling to tell them. Here are a few of them:

• The country is stuck in a recession which Obama has made worse. After four years, he has no plan to remedy matters.

• Foreign policy, arguably less understandable to voters, is disintegrating in front of their eyes. Benghazi is exploding all over Obama and is something he is unable to blame on someone else.

• More people are on food stamps and welfare than ever before. People sense that Obama is not displeased with this condition.

• Incomes are falling, and unemployment is not. College graduates cannot get jobs commensurate with their education. Despair is everywhere.

• Net worth is falling, and prices are rising. People's standard of living has declined for four straight years.

• Retirement is no longer an option for large segments of the population.

These are relatively objective measures which people see and feel.

Facts matter, especially to those concerned about the country, their futures, and the futures of their grandchildren. The electorate may not be the brightest, as H.L. Mencken always reminded us. But they do feel pain and do not relish it. Cats who jump on a hot stove are smart enough never to jump on a stove again. That may be the driving motivation in this election.

Scissors-32x32.png

Lot's of good news here.

This is the 1st time since the 1960 election I have not been able to say who will win....and generally 2-3 weeks before the election.

The Feeling of Impending Battle...

Posted By Deebow • [November 06, 2012]

Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of Thy great goodness, to restrain these immoderate rains with which we have had to contend. Grant us fair weather for Battle. Graciously hearken to us as soldiers who call upon Thee that, armed with Thy power, we may advance from victory to victory, and crush the oppression and wickedness of our enemies and establish Thy justice among men and nations.

Thank you General Patton for our opening prayer, I will add some thoughts like that later on.

In this election, I don't think it is over dramatic to say that never before has America faced such a stark choice of moving toward the light of freedom, or turning toward 1,000 years of darkness, and this election truly is a battle for our children's future and the issues they will face when they grow older and what resources we will leave them with to do that.

I have always thought the choice is clear; choose Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.blackfive.net/main/

• Like 2

Romney is the Ant, Obama is the Grasshopper

November 6, 2012 - 2:32 pm by

Bryan Preston

Note how the two presidential contenders spent their final campaign day today.

President Barack Obama stayed in hometown Chicago, reaching out to swing-state voters on the phones and via satellite while the other three candidates had a high noon show-down along the shore of Lake Erie.

“I can’t imagine an election being won or lost by, let’s say, a few hundred votes and you spent your day sitting around,” Romney told Richmond radio station WRVA earlier in the day. “I mean, you’d say to yourself, ‘Holy cow, why didn’t I keep working?’ Scissors-32x32.png http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/11/06/romney-is-the-ant-obama-is-the-grasshopper/

• Like 1

Romney is the Ant, Obama is the Grasshopper

November 6, 2012 - 2:32 pm by

Bryan Preston

Note how the two presidential contenders spent their final campaign day today.

President Barack Obama stayed in hometown Chicago, reaching out to swing-state voters on the phones and via satellite while the other three candidates had a high noon show-down along the shore of Lake Erie.

“I can’t imagine an election being won or lost by, let’s say, a few hundred votes and you spent your day sitting around,” Romney told Richmond radio station WRVA earlier in the day. “I mean, you’d say to yourself, ‘Holy cow, why didn’t I keep working?’ Scissors-32x32.png http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/11/06/romney-is-the-ant-obama-is-the-grasshopper/

But Obama won a very important intramural basketball game.......and his corrupt-banker, Greek, Chi-town crony scored over 20 points.......beating Scottie Pippen. There's more to life than visiting storm damaged areas, with millions needing heat & power....or answering questions about some Mid-east embassy massacre, that happened almost two months ago.....

• Like 3