Navy replaces admiral leading Mideast strike group

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

?test=latestnewsFox News:

The Navy said Saturday it is replacing the admiral in command of an aircraft carrier strike group in the Middle East, pending the outcome of an internal investigation into undisclosed allegations of inappropriate judgment.

Rear Adm. Charles M. Gaouette is being sent back to the USS John C. Stennis' home port at Bremerton, Wash., in what the Navy called a temporary reassignment. The Navy said he is not formally relieved of his command of the Stennis strike group but will be replaced by Rear Adm. Troy M. Shoemaker, who will assume command until the investigation is completed.

It is highly unusual for the Navy to replace a carrier strike group commander during its deployment.

The Navy did not reveal details of the allegations, citing only an accusation of "inappropriate leadership judgment" that arose during the strike group's deployment to the Middle East. Rear Adm. John Kirby, the Navy's chief spokesman, declined to discuss the investigation.

The Stennis group deployed from Bremerton in late August and had entered the Navy 5th Fleet's area of operations in the Middle East on Oct. 17 after sailing across the Pacific. The Stennis made port visits in Thailand and Malaysia on its way to the Middle East.

It deployed four months earlier than scheduled in response to a request by the commander of U.S. Central Command, Marine Gen. James Mattis, to maintain two aircraft carriers in the Middle East. The Stennis replaced the USS Enterprise carrier group.

________

More Libya fallout?

Gen. Carter F. Ham, commander of the U.S. Africa Command was replaced today, or yesterday, too. All of the players being replaced. It is alleged that Ham was going to ignore the order to stand down and was going to send help. His second in command relieved him, I guess on orders from above.

I'm starting to believe it was about the arms deals and those 20,000 or so missiles that can take down planes. Fast and Furious all over again.

But who knows. I hope we find out.

I'm starting to believe it was about the arms deals and those 20,000 or so missiles that can take down planes. Fast and Furious all over again.

But who knows. I hope we find out.

But didn't the initial rioters raid all of Qaddafi's arsenals and clean out all of the weapons? Wouldn't it be those that are finding there way all around the M.E.?

This is beginning to look like a major scandal brewing. With a coverup this massive, something much worse than we thought had to have happened. The administration would not act this blatantly rash, however, if they weren't so sure of the press. The MSM are now participating as accomplices, admittedly not covering the story "because it has nothing to do with the election". It should not matter to which party the Administration belongs to, this should be a major story on every network.

When the media willingly and voluntarily cavorts with despots, our whole way of life is at a greater risk than any of us could have even guessed. This goes way beyond a mere difference in political philosophy.

• Like 1

Maybe The Zero forgot that we had things called aircraft carriers and other things that go under the water.

We have these things called aircraft carriers, where planes land on them. We have these ships that go underwater -- nuclear submarines.

October 28, 2012

Has General Ham Been Fired?

Mike Johnson

Has General Carter F. Ham, commander of U.S. Africa Command, been fired for defying Leon Panetta on Benghazi?

Glenn Reynolds, the Instapundit, ran a piece Saturday afternoon titled "Interesting Rumor Concerning General Carter Ham and Stand Down Order." This piece is presented as a rumor. It suggests that General Ham was told to stand down from sending aid to Benghazi, that General Ham on

his own decided to proceed, and that he was then relieved of his command. Remember, all rumor at this point.

On 18 October 2012, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta participated in a "DOD News Briefing on Efforts to Enhance the Financial Health of the Force." In his introductory remarks, Mr. Panetta said: "Today I am very pleased to announce that President Obama will nominate General David Rodriguez to succeed General Carter Ham as commander of U.S. Africa Command . . ."Scissors-32x32.png

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/10/has_general_ham_been_fired.html#ixzz2AbMXTSNf

Interesting Rumor Concerning General Carter Ham and Stand Down Order (Posted on 10/26/12 at 9:45 p.m.)

I heard a story today from someone inside the military that I trust entirely. The story was in reference to General Ham that Panetta referenced in the quote below.

quote:

"(The) basic principle is that you don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on; without having some real-time information about what's taking place," Panetta told Pentagon reporters. "And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation."

The information I heard today was that General Ham as head of Africom received the same e-mails the White House received requesting help/support as the attack was taking place. General Ham immediately had a rapid response unit ready and communicated to the Pentagon that he had a unit ready.

General Ham then received the order to stand down. His response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow. Within 30 seconds to a minute after making the move to respond, his second in command apprehended General Ham and told him that he was now relieved of his command.

The story continues Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/37144547/Interesting-Rumor-Concerning-General-Carter-Ham-and-Stand-Down-Order.aspx

Bret Baier ‏@BretBaier

multiple sources incldg Gen Ham himself say the report that he was relieved of his cmd over Benghazi, or anything else, are NOT true - 1/2.

Bret Baier ‏@BretBaier

2/2 it was a long scheduled change of command at AFRICOM announced on Oct 19...We are digging on all fronts but we will always be fair

What I want to know is why y'all are so determined to read SO MUCH GARBAGE INTO this?

For crying out loud: am I the only sane individual in this country?

What I want to know is why y'all are so determined to read SO MUCH GARBAGE INTO this?

Define 'sane'.

R U for series?

I gots rumor!

GWB was booted from Tx ANG because he was a fool.

I gots paper trail!

Dick-head lost his job because of that crap!

Now: let me scream a bit louder!

Its not the accuracy of what we report, its the god damned seriousness of our allegations that matter!

Yes, yes you are.

We, the non sane people, have decided telepathically, that you should now rule.