U.S. Officials Say Iran Has Agreed to Nuclear Talks

Valin

iran-said-ready-to-talk-to-us-about-nuclear-program.html?hp&_r=2&pagewanted=all&NY Times:

HELENE COOPER and MARK LANDLER

10/20/12

WASHINGTON — The United States and Iran have agreed for the first time to one-on-one negotiations over Iran’s nuclear program, according to Obama administration officials, setting the stage for what could be a last-ditch diplomatic effort to avert a military strike on Iran.

Iranian officials have insisted that the talks wait until after the presidential election, a senior administration official said, telling their American counterparts that they want to know with whom they would be negotiating.

News of the agreement — a result of intense, secret exchanges between American and Iranian officials that date almost to the beginning of President Obama’s term — comes at a critical moment in the presidential contest, just two weeks before Election Day and the weekend before the final debate, which is to focus on national security and foreign policy.

(Snip)

wallbash.gif

Iran will only agree to one-on-one talks, when it involves which city the Israeli's will nuke to glass........

I have a solution to that.

Iran will only agree to one-on-one talks, when it involves which city the Israeli's will nuke to glass........

@Valin! Does it involve illumination @ 17,000 degrees Fahrenheit?

They agree to the process of starting talk "negotiation" and then after 1/2 year of that they might agree to set an actual date for talks to start 6 months later. Then once the talks start (if they do) it will be at least a year of "talks" before it becomes clear the talks are not getting anywhere..... mean while.....

It very well may.

It very well may.

Ahhhh......baked Imam......

........Ayatollah Flambe?

As someone said today, Iran loves to talk.

I just can't buy this story. Planted for the debate or made up by the Times. Just has a certain smell to it. Another stunt by this administration.

Trevor Loudon speaks to America.....

Last week over on CGP an Obama supporter asked me why I supported Mitt Romney, and what I expected Mitt to do if he won. My answer was...My expectations are very low, the big reason I support Romney so much is...He's Not Barack Obama. Right now, that's enough.