Obama defends handling of Libya attack: Four Deaths Not Optimal

Pepper

barack-obama-jon-stewUSA Today:

Obama defends handling of Libya attack

October 18. 2012 - President Obama defended his handling of the Libya attack during a mostly serious appearance Thursday on The Daily Show With Jon Stewart.

Obama said security would be improved at embassies worldwide, said attributed changing stories of the attack to changing evidence.

"Every piece of information that we get -- as we got it -- we laid it out to the American people," Obama told Stewart.

Scissors-32x32.png

Jon Stewart:

"Is part of the investigation helping the communication between these divisions? Not just what happened in Benghazi, but what happened within. Because I would say, even you would admit, it was not the optimal response, at least to the American people, as far as all of us being on the same page."

Obama:

"Here's what I'll say. If four Americans get killed, it's not optimal. We're going to fix it. All of it. And what happens, during the course of a presidency, is that the government is a big operation and any given time something screws up. And you make sure that you find out what's broken and you fix it. Whatever else I have done throughout the course of my presidency the one thing that I've been absolutely clear about is that America's security comes, and the American people need to know exactly how I make decisions when it comes to war, peace, security, and protecting Americans. And they will continue to get that over the next four years of my presidency."

Scissors-32x32.png

Obama: "any given time something screws up."

Four Americans are murdered ???

Obama: And they will continue to get that over the next four years of my presidency."

More Americans murdered ???

'If four Americans get killed, it's not OPTIMAL': Obama's extraordinary response to Comedy Central question about shifting story after Benghazi attack

Scissors-32x32.png

Obama's slip could help Mitt Romney recover from an awkward moment in the presidential debate in Long Island, New York on Tuesday when he challenged Obama over whether he had initially characterised the Benghazi attack as terrorism.

Scissors-32x32.png

I still think Libya will be Obama's immediate downfall. Phrases = thoughts like "bumps in the road" and "something screws up" are not the words that our pResident chose carefully. He should have calibrated this more carefully.

• Like 2

See also

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/154610/

Drudge links a flashback to Obama calling their deaths “bumps in the road,” and it also brings to mind his equally cold-hearted phrase that America could “absorb” another 9/11-sized attack.

Not to mention, coming so quickly after another feckless debate performance, the cold and aloof technocratic tone of Michael Dukakis.

See article and comments here too

No it was definitely not optimal! This guy is supposed to be a good speaker and have a way with word?

Great phrases in American History

"Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes"

"There stands Jackson, like a stone wall!"

"NUTS!"

"Mr Gorbachev tear down this wall"

And now words to stir the hearts of men!.....

"If four Americans get killed, it's not optimal"

• Like 2

It is just the way he feels. He is probably very upset that it came so close to the election and may work against him. It is always 'me me me' with him. This next debate may put a few more nails in his coffin. He will certainly be asked about Benghazi and he won't be able to come up with a credible answer. No one left to throw under the bus.

#Romney/Ryan2012

• Like 2

"If four Americans get killed, it's not optimal."

I.Am.So.Angry.Right.Now.

Mrs. Patricia Smith is still waiting on the details of how her son Sean Smith died in Libya.

I posted a link to get a free book @ Amazon [normally $15] and I was able to download to the Kindle.

http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B008LOHV3G

"The Obama Confession: Secret Fear. Secret Fury." [including link- now on sale for $5.99] by a forensic psychiatrist & criminal profiler, Andrew G. Hodges, MD. It is awesome and scary. Obama is making America pay for his horrible childhood, and the key to understanding his process.....can be gleaned from his words [written & spoken] as he gives clues to what drives him & what he's planning. No way can we allow him a 2nd term.

Scissors-32x32.png

He has identified killers by studying ransom notes, emails, letters, and police interviews to spot secret confessions. He decoded O.J.'s "suicide note" to confirm he had committed a double murder. He deciphered the JonBenet ransom note to identify the child's killer. He decrypted letters from BTK to predict that he was about to kill again-the only profiler to do so. He studied statements by Joran van der Sloot and Deepak Kalpoe to tie them to the slaying of Natalee Holloway. He showed how Casey Anthony secretly confessed to killing her daughter in 200 letters written to a jail mate. He even decoded Bill Clinton's Lewinsky confession/apology on TV, revealing the awful pain which led to Clinton's self-sabotaging behavior.

Now psychiatrist and forensic profiler Dr. Andrew G. Hodges gets inside the mind of a different kind of deceiver, an unscrupulous politician: Barack Obama.

Using a unique psycholinguistic technique he calls "ThoughtPrint Decoding" to "read between the lines" of people's statements--called "the cutting-edge of forensic science" by expert investigators--Hodges ultimately discovers the truth. By analyzing two of Obama's most important speeches and two heartfelt letters to his daughters, he delves into the president's unconscious and decodes his deeper messages. These communications originate from a part of the subconscious Hodges calls the "super intelligence"--the amazing intuitive power hinted at in Malcolm Gladwell's book Blink. It's a brilliant see-all, tell-all part of our minds. Here is Obama's whole story--his deeper narrative.

On the surface, readers will follow him from his controversial birth, to his Muslim childhood, to his earliest indoctrination by radical left-wing activists, and finally to his historic ascension to the White House. But below the surface, where the super intelligence reigns, Obama's story takes some utterly unexpected turns as he answers every question about himself--and then some.

Obama reveals the completely secret trauma that controls his life, resulting in his deep misguided fury expressed toward America. Behind his easy going demeanor lurks an unimaginable fury--for good reason. Obama provides his answers "in code" to these and other cutting-edge questions:

* Just how dangerous a president is he, really? Is he secretly gunning for America, working for her demise, or is that just right-wing hype?

* What does he really have to say about accusations of being an illegal, foreign-born president?

* What does he truthfully tell us about his birth certificate?

* What does he tell us about the identity of his biological father?

* What about his true religion? Did he authentically "convert to Christianity" just to get elected by a largely Judeo-Christian electorate? Or does he harbor in his heart loyalty to Islam, the religion of his birth and early educative environment?

* Deep down, what does Obama have to say about race relations today?

* What does he passionately believe is America's greatest problem?

Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/100185643/obama-describes-deaths-of-4-americans-in-libya-as-not-optimal-now-hes-channeling-mike-dukakis/

Comment

I'm sure that the families of the four murdered victims would be proud to hear, their deaths were optimal. He lied about the whole thing and just shows how heart less this POS truly is. He had 4 years to fix the mess and all he did was compound it. According to Biden we have a war going on in Iraq and Iran. These are the 2 people that are in charge of OUR Country.

Yep. Good comparison.

I can't help thinking about the families of these 4 men, perhaps because my son was deployed twice and I know what it's like to worry night & day about someone's well-being when they are in a hostile environment. To refer to their deaths as "not optimal" and "bumps in the road" shows such a total lack of basic human empathy. I truly believe there is a personality disorder at work here. No "normal" person could be that callous, cold-hearted, and unfeeling. Could they?

I think that Obama is trying so hard to sound intelligent to the hipsters, he doesn't actually think about what he is saying. I've read that paragraph three times. He is in "I'm intelligent and in charge mode" when he responds to Stewart, he repeats back the word he heard, thinking that he is confirming what Stewart said and sounding intelligent. He doesn't realize that the word "it" is not defined in his sentence or the beginning of his response. He thinks of his response as a CONTINUATION of Stewarts.

As a result, he probably think's he is discussing the lack of communication between agencies but he has switched it up on himself and ended up talking about the murder victims. That is a rookie mistake. It is something I often saw from College students giving their first speeches. A President, after four years, should be aware of this kind of thing, and the optics of not defining the parameters of your language.

Even President Bush, who was constantly hassled for mangled language was able to make sure that what he said was clear and the parameters defined. This is something that Obama fails at CONSTANTLY. It might also be on purpose so no one can nail him down on anything. I think the now famous Rose Garden speech was one of those. Obama talks a lot, says very little, and probably doesn't realize how it comes across.

What a mess. For a great communicator, this guy really, really sucks.

• Like 2

One of my FB/high school friends posted this..

Just watched Obama on The daily Show and I must say I do not ever recall a president using such flippant street language. I am actually embarrassed by his casualness of vocabulary. He is a US PRESIDENT & I expect more educated answers and presence for that matter. Ughhh.

• Like 1

Not Optimal

Just watched Obama on The daily Show and I must say I do not ever recall a president using such flippant street language. I am actually embarrassed by his casualness of vocabulary. He is a US PRESIDENT & I expect more educated answers and presence for that matter. Ughhh.

Not Optimal

Not Optimal

Not Optimal

e5.gif

#not optimal-seems to be viral:

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=%23not+optimal&src=typd

Scissors-32x32.png

Michelle Morin@Mom4Freedom

RT @sirvaysa: Bowing in subservience to a foreign king. #not optimal #tcot #ocra

Curtis Davis@StinkyCurtis

Releasing sensitive data on our SpecWar community #not optimal

Republican Pete@RepublicanPete

Improperly using executive privilege to hide incompetent Atty General's knowledge of dangerous gun program #not optimal.

Herrera@mherrera006_

Biden Charm #Not Optimal

'My son is not very optimal - he is very dead': Mother of diplomat killed in Benghazi attack slams Obama's comment on raid

• President told Jon Stewart, 'If four Americans get killed, it's not optimal'

• Remarks sparked massive backlash from conservatives on social media

• Mother of slain diplomat Sean Smith says Obama was 'disrespectful'

y Daniel Bates and Toby Harnden In Washington

PUBLISHED:10:49 EST, 19 October 2012| UPDATED:12:24 EST, 19 October 2012

The mother of an American diplomat killed during a terrorist raid on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi has hit out at Barack Obama for describing the attack as 'not optimal', saying: 'My son is not very optimal - he is also very dead.'

During an interview shown on Comedy Central, Obama responded to a question about his administration's confused communication after the assault by saying: 'If four Americans get killed, it’s not optimal.'

Speaking exclusively to MailOnline today, Pat Smith, whose son Sean died in the raid, said: 'It was a disrespectful thing to say and I don't think it's right.

'How can you say somebody being killed is not very optimal? I don't think the President has the right idea of the English language.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.dailymail...al-comment.html