BOOK: TOO MANY AMERICANS VICTIMS OF MEDICAL ERRORS

Geee

americans-are-victims-of-medical-errorsHuman Events:

The Johns Hopkins surgeon whose new book “Unaccountable: What Hospitals Won’t Tell You and How Transparency Can Revolutionize Health Care” details financial and human cost of wasteful practices and dreadful errors that plague American medicine elaborated on his solution-oriented proposals in an interview with Human Events.

“We are seeing a revolution in health care, and I don’t see myself as the leader of that revolution, I see myself as someone who is observing it, describing it in the book,” said Dr. Martin A. Makary.

In addition to his faculty positions at the Baltimore school, Makary serves on posts at the World Health Organization and as commentator on CNN. While he is rumored to be on the short list of candidates to become the next Surgeon General, he said he is not political when it comes to health care reform.

“Both the book and the Institute of Medicine report have really ignited a national conversation about a subject that many studies show there is an epidemic in U.S. health care,” said Makary, who specializes in minimally invasive surgery to remove tumors.Scissors-32x32.png