Would Spielberg Make A Movie About Claire McCaskill?

Geee

would_spielberg_make_a_movie_about_claire_mccaskill.htmlAmerican Thinker:

A few weeks ago, I was asked to emcee a fund-raising dinner for Rep. Todd Akin, who is rather famously running for U.S. Senate in Missouri, the state in which I live. Although I did not hesitate to accept the invite, I found myself resisting the urge to promote the event, and my involvement in it.

The reason was simple enough. I worried about the reaction of my moderate to liberal friends and family. After scolding myself for my indecision, I went ahead and posted the details of the fundraiser on Facebook with this explanation:

I am emceeing a fund raiser for Rep. Todd Akin. Yes, that Todd Akin. Granted, Todd is a little sketchy on how babies are made, but his enemies are well versed in how they're destroyed, and now they want you to pay for the carnage. 55 million and counting since Roe v. Wade. Wanna fight? Happy to oblige.

I was prompted by the stirring trailer I had just seen for the new Steven Spielberg movie, Lincoln. "The fate of human dignity in our hands," says the movie's Lincoln about the Emancipation Proclamation. "Blood has been spilled to afford us this opportunity."

This looks like the kind of movie Hollywood should make more of. Given Spielberg's Democratic leanings, however, I suspect that liberals and moderates both will watch it without discomfort. They will likely wonder how "those people" who opposed slavery could be so backward in their thinking and assure themselves that they would not have been among them.Scissors-32x32.png