Secret Service agent found drunk in street after Obama visit, Miami police say

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

14396559-secret-service-agent-found-drunk-in-street-after-obama-visit-miami-police-say?liteNBC News:

MIAMI -- A Secret Service agent was arrested for disorderly intoxication in Miami early Friday after he was found passed out on a street hours after President Barack Obama left town, police said.

Aaron Francis Engler was arrested at 7 a.m. and also faces a charge of resisting arrest without violence, according to Miami police spokeswoman Kenia Reyes.

Engler was later released to members of the Secret Service's Miami Field Office, Reyes said. Officials at the office didn't immediately respond to calls for comment.

Also on NBCMiami.com: Student avoids jail in Obama threat

According to an arrest report, an officer spotted Engler lying down on the northeast corner of Southeast 7th Street and Brickell Avenue.

When the officer approached the agent, he asked if he was ok and got no response, the report said. The officer was able to get Engler's attention and asked him to get off the ground but he refused, the report said.

The officer helped Engler get up, but he was having trouble standing. When the officer walked Engler to his patrol car, he saw the agent had bloodshot eyes, slurred speech and a strong odor of alcohol coming from his breath, the report said.

Also on NBCMiami.com: Spirit Airlines pulls ad spoofing Secret Service prostitution scandal

"The defendant started arguing with me and throwing his arms around while I was conducting a pat down," the officer noted in the report.

________

I wondered what happened to his South American detail...