Did Obama And Biden Forget That They Televise Debates?

Draggingtree

did-obama-and-biden-forget-that-they-televise-debatesWizbang:

Did Obama And Biden Forget That They Televise Debates?

October 12, 2012 | Filed under 2012 Presidential Race,Barack Obama,Democrats,Media,Politics | Posted by Doug Johnson

In two debates President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden have collectively moved into first place in the all-time worst use of the medium of television in a debates. Collectively they’ve frowned and smirked (Obama) and creepily smiled and guffawed (Biden) in such inglorious fashion as to historically portray themselves so poorly that they’ve move the needle decidedly in their opponents favor. Obama’s debate loss is already historic.

Biden, while not as outclassed on substance. prompted Chris Wallace to summarize his performance like this, “I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a debate in which one participant was as openly disrespectful of the other as Biden was to Paul Ryan tonight. It was openly contemptuous and disrespectful.

Brit Hume termed Biden’s affect as “derisive sneering,” and summed up the performance as a “cranky old man debating a polite young man.” That was perhaps a tamer version of Hot Air’s headline: “Angry old man yells at Paul Ryan for 90 minutes”. Scissors-32x32.png

Even Feminists Hated Biden During The Debate

By: Curt

Mollie Hemingway @ Richochet:

No one won this debate. And I suppose you could interpret that as me saying that Rep. Paul Ryan lost. But you’d be wrong. I think Vice President Joe Biden lost by being horribly belligerent and unserious. Ryan lost by not aggressively responding to Biden. And Martha Raddatz lost by interrupting at inappropriate times.

But allow me to revisit something I said during the debate:

Tonight, Joe Biden is embodying everything that women hate about talking with men.

I generally don’t get into “gender” discussions. They usually don’t interest me. But at some point in the live chat, I just pulled gender rank and let the men know that Biden’s demeanor was not going over well with the ladies.

The truth is that we’ve all been there — and that goes for women and men — where you’re having a conversation with someone awful. Maybe he’s drunk. Maybe he’s just a jerk or suffering from low self-esteem. But whatever the back story, the result is that he’s condescending, thinks he knows far more than he does and interrupts you when you’re making a point. It’s not enjoyable.

I’m even willing to give this debate to Biden, in the very short term. But in the long term, I bet he lost it. Think about what will stay with people after the debate. They’ll remember a rude, interrupting man. Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://floppingaces.net/most_wanted/even-feminists-hated-biden-during-the-debate/