Nobel Peace Prize awarded to European Union

Valin

world-europe-19921072BBC:

10/12/12

The European Union has been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for six decades of work in advancing peace in Europe.

The committee said the EU had helped to transform Europe "from a continent of war to a continent of peace".

The award comes as the EU faces the biggest crisis of its history, with recession and social unrest rocking many of its member states.

(Snip)

The Nobel Peace Bribe and Bureaucratic Self-Congratulation

Seth Mandel

10/12/12

In 2009, when Barack Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, it was pointed out that his nomination for the award almost perfectly coincided with his inauguration as president–that is, he was given the award not for anything he had done, but rather for what the Nobel Committee wanted him to do. Hoping for American surrender in the Middle East and capitulation in the war on terror, the Nobel Committee assumed Obama shared their penchant for appeasement and decided to nudge him along.

(Snip)

When Jagland warns of the dangers of disintegration and the reemergence of borders and “nationalism,” he is concerned first and foremost with preventing the revival of democracy and sovereignty–two things he neither cares for nor truly understands. The lessons some Eurocrats have learned from the Continent’s battle with fascism and communism is to give a centralized government more power over its citizens.

(Snip)

Although the Times story reads like the Onion, it is neither satirical nor particularly funny. Europe’s turn away from democracy, sovereignty, and identity undermines the West’s dedication to freedom around the world. Additionally, the EU’s dismissive approach to self-defense means either the world becomes less secure or the United States shoulders even more of the burden. A collection of welfare states becomes a welfare continent, though since most Eurocrats couldn’t lose their jobs if they tried, the attendant skyrocketing unemployment will be a curious statistic to them, and nothing more.

(Snip)

_________________________________________________________________________________

Where oh where is Monty Python now that we really need them?

Well now this is...interesting....And by Interesting I mean the Nobel Prize Committee is apparently a cesspool of corruption. Not that this come as any kind of surprise.

Nobel Peace Prize: foul and unethical

Richard North

10/12/12

Ruminating on the absurd award of the Nobel Peace Prize to the EU, we note from Autonomous Mind that Thorbjørn Jagland, head of the prize committee, is also Secretary General of the Council of Europe.

However, it is also customary, according to Wikipedia to seek a unanimous decision if possible. And here we learn from the Norwegian paper Aftenposten that there was one member of the committee who most emphatically would not have voted for the EU.

This was Ågot Valle, former deputy leader of the "No to EU" campaign. Mysteriously, though, it just happened that when that Thorbjørn Jagland decided to call for the final vote on this year's winner, Valle was off sick, replaced by former Oslo Bishop Gunnar Stålsett, as her deputy.

(Snip)

H/T NRO: The Corner

So once again we see the Nobel Peace Prize, is nothing but a highly politicized joke....and not a very good one.

The Multi-Culti failure is just slightly less worthless than Barack Hussein Soetoro Obamination.

I'd bet this masochistic pompery.....was done to preserve the continued Islamization of Europe.....and heaven hell knows they need to keep their Euro's in Europe.

The Multi-Culti failure is just slightly less worthless than Barack Hussein Soetoro Obamination.

I'd bet this masochistic pompery.....was done to preserve the continued Islamization of Europe.....and heaven hell knows they need to keep their Euro's in Europe.

Here is the interesting thing...Culture is often a lot stronger than many people assume. The XXth century was not kind to Europe what with WWI WWII the cold war. We may be coming to the end of the idea that nationalism and nation states were the cause of there problems, and the rise of some new and better ideas, of how to live.

Here is the interesting thing...Culture is often a lot stronger than many people assume. The XXth century was not kind to Europe what with WWI WWII the cold war. We may be coming to the end of the idea that nationalism and nation states were the cause of there problems, and the rise of some new and better ideas, of how to live.

I've read & reread your comment, @Valin, and I confess I'm not getting your drift.....are you promoting the multi-culturism that is happening in Europe?

I understand the destruction caused by both world wars, and the Peace prize being given to buttress what the elite EU pols feel is the right direction for the masses to proceed; but a huge number of Europeans believe that this is the Second Moorish invasion. Immigrants from outside the traditional national borders can give life-blood to an aging European community.....but not if the immigrants are there to swamp the entitlements, out-breed the nationals, and more importantly, remain un-assimilated by choice....to further their religious & cultural domination. It's written into their Quran, to use the infidel & his benefits to foment submission to Islam. They're doing a great job right now.....

Please elucidate your point, if you have some time.

I've read & reread your comment, @Valin, and I confess I'm not getting your drift.....are you promoting the multi-culturism that is happening in Europe?

As it is promoted by our "friends" on the Left, not only no, but Hell No!. There a difference between a multi-cultural and a mulit-ethnic society. Obviously Europe has a real problem...actually a number of problems, one of them is There never has been any attempt to integrate the Muslims that moved there into the dominate society...unlike a certain north American country.

I understand the destruction caused by both world wars, and the Peace prize being given to buttress what the elite EU pols feel is the right direction for the masses to proceed; but a huge number of Europeans believe that this is the Second Moorish invasion. Immigrants from outside the traditional national borders can give life-blood to an aging European community.....but not if the immigrants are there to swamp the entitlements, out-breed the nationals, and more importantly, remain un-assimilated by choice....to further their religious & cultural domination. It's written into their Quran, to use the infidel & his benefits to foment submission to Islam. They're doing a great job right now.....

Please elucidate your point, if you have some time.

One of two things is going to happen in Europe A. They (particularly western Europe) will continue down the road they are going, in which case stick a fork in them they're done..Europe will end up a 3rd world continent, B. They wake up and get over the disaster of the XXth century, then there is hope. You can see some stirrings today UK Independence Party in Britain on the positive side and the EDL on the negative side. The question is, who will win? The multi-culturists, the multi-ethnics, or the segregationists? And how will (say) France integrate all those Algerians, the Germans all those Turks, the British all those Pakistanis, and still keep their culture and history? Because if they are not able to do this...it's gonna get really bad...and really bloody.

And any rate that is my short rambling take on Europe.