Director Andrew Marcus Discusses Hating Breitbart

Valin

hating-breitbartPJ Media: Ed Driscoll

October 11, 2012

breitbart_reynolds_driscoll_gop_convention_9-2-08.jpg

L to R: Breitbart, Glenn Reynolds, Driscoll at 2008 GOP convention.

In the early days of PJ Media — back when we were still PJ Media, but before we founded PJTV — Andrew Marcus was our first in-house video maker, and gave me plenty of valuable advice when I first began to ever-so-tentatively dip my toes into the video pool back in 2007.

These days though, Andrew is directing on the big screen — his new documentary, Hating Breitbart, debuts later this month — and as Andrew explains during the interview, the keyword is later; its release has been delayed by the MPAA, who wish to slap an R-rating on the documentary, as The Hollywood Reporter recently mentioned:

(Snip)

more information about, and showtimes for Hating Breitbart

Oh and remember...

breitbart_is_here_3-18-12.jpg

An Army of Breitbarts

New Media brigades keep marching, and taking the fight to the liberal foe.

Robert Stacy McCain

Toward the end of the new movie Hating Breitbart, there is a scene that captures the essence of what the late New Media entrepreneur Andrew Breitbart did -- and how he did it. The camera follows Breitbart as he makes his way up Capitol Hill, past the crowd at a 2010 Tea Party rally where the founder of Breitbart.com was about to give a speech. "Hey, Andrew, remember me?" says a man amid the throng on the opposite side of the crowd-control barricade. "I'm the one who sent you that video ... the nine-second clip."

Breitbart knew exactly which clip the man was talking about, and remembered the online moniker of the amateur cameraman who sent it: "Marooned in Marin, right?"

The significance of that moment isn't explained in the movie, as director Andrew Marcus is content to let viewers connect the dots for themselves when Breitbart takes the stage to give one of his many impassioned speeches. While he was at times credited with singlehandedly destroying the mainstream media's suffocating liberal stranglehold on news, Breitbart always understood that his work depended on people like Marooned in Marin who sent him e-mail tips, including videos and photos, that exposed the untold truths that too many professional journalists were willing to ignore. And so when he stood on the stage in front of the Capitol that September afternoon in 2010, Breitbart pointed to the audience and told them, "You are the army!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X06fGrsj0nU