10 Fla. counties report suspicious GOP voter sign-ups

Valin

1#.UGbh0K64Xq4USA Today:

Michael Winter

9/28/12

At least 10 Florida counties have identified possibly fraudulent voter registration forms turned in by a firm working for the state's Republican Party, election officials said today.

Problems first emerged earlier this week in Palm Beach County with forms turned in by Strategic Allied Consulting, which the Republican National Committee paid $3.1 million to register voters in Florida and six other swing states. Palm Beach prosecutors are examining 106 voter registration forms submitted by one Strategic Allied Consulting worker, some with apparently forged signatures.

(Snip)

The Los Angeles Times reports that Florida election officials have identified suspicious voter registrations turned in by the state GOP in nine other counties -- Lee, Bay, Clay, Santa Rosa, Escambia, Okaloosa, Pasco, Miami-Dade and Duval.

(Snip)

I'm just a little confused (Now there's a shocking piece of news!), I keep reading that voter fraud is some sort of myth, that exists only in the fevered imaginations of the Right. That they want to use this as an excuse to suppress the vote of those likely to vote for a Democratic party candidate.

So I am looking for some help in resolving my confusion, does it exist or not? If it does, is it a problem? If it's not a problem (as so many on the left maintain) why this story?.... unless it is to take a partisan swipe at the Republican party....and we all know that would never happen.