Pat Caddell Says: Media Have Become “Enemy of the American People”

Rheo

?utm_source=AIM+-+Daily+Email&utm_campaign=9e4fb49ec6-email092712&utm_medium=emailAccuracy in Media: In remarks to the AIM conference, “ObamaNation: A Day of Truth,” on September 21st, former Democratic pollster and analyst Pat Caddell said, “I think we’re at the most dangerous time in our political history in terms of the balance of power in the role that the media plays in whether or not we maintain a free democracy.” Caddell noted that while First Amendment protections were originally provided to the press so they would protect the liberty and freedom of the public from “organized governmental power,” they had clearly relinquished the role of impartial news providers.

Nowhere was this more evident than during the tragic death of a U.S. ambassador in Libya that was covered up for nine days because the press and the administration did not want to admit it was a terrorist attack.

“We’ve had nine day of lies over what happened because they can’t dare say it’s a terrorist attack, and the press won’t push this,” said Caddell. “Yesterday there was not a single piece in The New York Times over the question of Libya. Twenty American embassies, yesterday, are under attack. None of that is on the national news. None of it is being pressed in the papers.”

Caddell added that it is one thing for the news to have a biased view, but “It is another thing to specifically decide that you will not tell the American people information they have a right to know.”

He closed his talk with these words: “The press’s job is to stand in the ramparts and protect the liberty and freedom of all of us from a government and from organized governmental power. When they desert those ramparts and go to serve—to decide that they will now become an active participants—when they decide that their job is not simply to tell you who you may vote for, and who you may not, but, worse—and this is the danger of the last two weeks—what truth that you may know, as an American, and what truth you are not allowed to know, they have, then, made themselves a fundamental threat to the democracy, and, in my opinion, made themselves the enemy of the American people. And it is a threat to the very future of this country if…we allow this stuff to go on, and…we’ve crossed a whole new and frightening slide on the slippery slope this last two weeks, and it needs to be talked about.”

video at link

Everything he is said was right. If he wasn't a persona non grata, he certainly is now. Has Fox had him on to amplify on this? Don't think so; at least I haven't seen it. We may never see him again on tv. Maybe.

I can see that one day, the Congress or courts will place restrictions on the press and the !st Amendment will start to waste away. The party in charge will control what is and what isn't covered by the press. America's Pravda.

I didn't realize that Pat was the one who found the Obama voters that won't vote for him for the movie that Citizens United made. He is also writing for Breitbart.

Go Pat!

David Gelernter: Media corruption–why and what to do

Scott Johmson

10/1/12

(Snip)

Of course the press is corrupt, but why? And what to do?

Pat Caddell’s recent talk at Accuracy in Media has been making the rounds–the former Democratic political operator accuses the mainstream media of slanting so grossly left that it has betrayed the nation and become an enemy of the people and of democracy itself. We all know it’s true, and has been for decades. Caddell puts the case vividly and well but never reaches the main questions: why? And what to do?

Younger people assume that fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly and the press gotta promote wacko-leftist causes and candidates. But before the Second World War the press was mainly conservative; in New York, the liberal Times balanced the conservative Herald Tribune, and everyone read both. Conservatives of all ages say that we have already responded to press bias by creating new media–fine as far as it goes, but every citizen (this is Caddell’s point) must be able to count on an honest mainstream press that harasses politicians of all types in search of truth.

Caddell tells us that the press went left in the 1980s; why did it happen then? Look to the elite US colleges: the post-WW2 cultural revolution that put them in charge of US culture was complete by the 1970s, and its effects started to blossom like ragweed throughout America in the ’80s. Nowhere is it written that the fanciest newspapers should get their reporters from the fanciest J-schools or straight out of Yale, Harvard or Princeton; newspapering used to be a low-life career, many top reporters had no college degrees, and did fine without them.

(Snip)

Short answer...Change the schools.

pollyannaish

Liberals figured this out quick. And believe me, I know from experience that the viciously protect their turf.

Liberals figured this out quick. And believe me, I know from experience that the viciously protect their turf.

Not going to be easy, or a quick fight.

Last year Mark Levin said (I paraphrase) it has taken us 80 years to get into this mess and its going to take that long to get out.

• 1 month later...