Untold Loss: Media Blackout on Military Disaster on Obama's Watch

Draggingtree

untold_loss_media_blackout_on_military_disaster_on_obamas_watch.htmlAmerican Thinker:

September 24, 2012

Untold Loss: Media Blackout on Military Disaster on Obama's Watch

By Kim Zigfeld

Under the leadership of Barack H. Obama, though hardly noticed by the pro-Obama mainstream media, the U.S. Marine Corps has suffered its worst air squadron catastrophe since Vietnam, and its prized VMA-211 squadron has taken its worst hit since its defense of Wake Island in World War II.

It happened on September 14, 2012, northwest of the city of Lashkar Gah in southern Afghanistan. A team of fewer than two dozen Taliban fighters

attacked the USMC's massive Camp Bastion base there, killing VMA-211 squadron commander Lt. Col. Christopher Raible and destroying or permanently disabling eight of the ten top-of-the-line harrier AV-8B attack aircraft stationed under him. Out of production for more than a decade, these aircraft can never be replaced.

By the time the smoke cleared, roughly 7% of the total harrier fleet operated by the USMC had been wiped out on a single day by a small force of ground combatants whose most potent weapon was the suicide vest, one of which was used to breach the camp's perimeter fence.

Under Obama, the U.S. has taken 1,491 casualties in Afghanistan, over 70% of the total 2,121 casualties sustained since the fighting there began. Scissors-32x32.png

Out of curiosity, I Googled 'Bastion Attack'. The only American newspaper to report anything on this was the WaPost. Went up to page 9 of the search and gave up. The Brits covered it closely because of Prince Harry being there, but Americans never read about it.

What bothers me the most is that this sacrifice of human life is being brushed over as bumps in the road. It is calloused and nasty. It should never be done for political purposes.

My disdain for this president has not bounds.

• Like 1

What bothers me the most is that this sacrifice of human life is being brushed over as bumps in the road. It is calloused and nasty. It should never be done for political purposes.

My disdain for this president has not bounds.

Everything with this guy is political.

"How will it effect the election?" "Will I lose votes doing that?"

And he has no one around him who has any statesman-like qualities. So incompetent, he couldn't even select competent people to help him.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, I Googled 'Bastion Attack'. The only American newspaper to report anything on this was the WaPost. Went up to page 9 of the search and gave up. The Brits covered it closely because of Prince Harry being there, but Americans never read about it.

don't know where I read about that but kept expecting to see something on the news or in local paper and nothing