Editorial: Texas should not honor Virginia’s online gun permits

Draggingtree

20120921-editorial-texas-should-not-honor-virginias-online-gun-permits.eceDallas Morning News:

Editorial: Texas should not honor Virginia’s online gun permits

FILES-US-GUNS_4002549.JPG

Our state has the right concealed handgun law now, because applicants must learn Texas law and actually fire a gun first.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/editorials/20120921-editorial-texas-should-not-honor-virginias-online-gun-permits.ece

@Draggingtree

OTOH

Printing 3-D Firearms a Step Closer to Reality

Charles C. W. Cooke

9/24/12

I noted recently the possibility that 3-D printers could be used to manufacture firearms. Since then, the theory has taken a leap towards reality. From Forbes:

A firearm anyone can download and print in their own home may be the most controversial application yet of consumer 3D printing. But some gunlovers, it seems, want to see it happen badly enough to put their wallets behind it.

This week, the so-called Wiki Weapon Project, an initiative that aims to design and build the world’s first entirely 3D-printable handgun, met its goal of raising $20,000 from Internet donors, according to the group’s spokesperson, University of Texas law student Cody Wilson. That’s about ten times the amount the project had managed to raise through the crowdsourced fundraising site Indiegogo when the donation platform summarily booted the printable gun project from its website last month and refunded the group’s pool of contributions to donors.

(Snip)

Welcome too the XXIst century.

@Draggingtree

OTOH

Printing 3-D Firearms a Step Closer to Reality

Charles C. W. Cooke

9/24/12

I noted recently the possibility that 3-D printers could be used to manufacture firearms. Since then, the theory has taken a leap towards reality. From Forbes:

A firearm anyone can download and print in their own home may be the most controversial application yet of consumer 3D printing. But some gunlovers, it seems, want to see it happen badly enough to put their wallets behind it.

This week, the so-called Wiki Weapon Project, an initiative that aims to design and build the world’s first entirely 3D-printable handgun, met its goal of raising $20,000 from Internet donors, according to the group’s spokesperson, University of Texas law student Cody Wilson. That’s about ten times the amount the project had managed to raise through the crowdsourced fundraising site Indiegogo when the donation platform summarily booted the printable gun project from its website last month and refunded the group’s pool of contributions to donors.

(Snip)

Welcome too the XXIst century.

I am going to find out more LMFAO.gif

@Draggingtree

Now as we all know technology can be used for good or ill. Consider the down side of this....think what a group of people bent on terrorism will be able to do?

That reminds me of Chicago Shootings: At Least 6 Killed, 23 Wounded In Weekend Gun Violnce

@Draggingtree

Now as we all know technology can be used for good or ill. Consider the down side of this....think what a group of people bent on terrorism will be able to do?

That reminds me of Chicago Shootings: At Least 6 Killed, 23 Wounded In Weekend Gun Violnce

it's 30 years from now and for a couple of grand you to can known your own 3d printer?

• Like 1