Mitt Romney Tells the Truth, Media Recoils in Horror

Draggingtree

213627.phpJawa Report:

September 18, 2012

Mitt Romney Tells the Truth, Media Recoils in Horror

If I understand the latest Mitt Romney "gaffe" he said: 1)

Palestinians have “no interest whatsoever in establishing peace, and that the pathway to peace is almost unthinkable to accomplish.”

and 2):

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax.

I was going to respond to each of these alleged "gaffes" one by one, but then I got to thinking what gaffes?

Both statements are true and self evident. So, go Mitt! Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

Media Recoils in Fake Horror. Isn't it amazing how the MSM comes to the same conclusion? Boy are they smart.

I refer to them as the Obama Media Protection Service.

• Like 3

September 18, 2012

Romney Addresses His Media Opponents About the 47%

—Ace

It's a pretty good performance. Whatever the question, he addresses it briefly, then he turns to the economy.

As of now, this whole contretemps is a net-negative, because if you're defending/explaining, you're losing.

That said, some people might take heart that Romney does seem to a stronger opponent of the "government-centered society" than suspected.

A few points about what he said at the fundraiser: People are offering various things he could have said to make the statements more politically useful as public statements.

For example, something Romney doesn't mention, but which is a political winner (which I've not seen anyone note): Among the people dependent on government are Obama's various Clients in taxpayer-supported pretendustry. Such Scissors-32x32.png

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/332972.php

How Mitt Romney Should Handle the ’47%’ Remark

Page 1 of 2 Next -> View as Single Page

It’s instructive watching the difference in reactions to Romney’s remarks on dependence between what I’ll call elite Republicans and the rest of us. Among the elites, the remark is a huge and costly gaffe. Mark McKinnon, who wasn’t even a Republican before George W. Bush and who spends his time criticizing Republicans for the mainstream press now, thinks the comment is very costly. Jonah Goldberg finds it infuriating. Bill Kristol is in a panic, calling the remark “stupid.” David Brooks is also worrying his little fingers to the bone, comparing Romney to Thurston Howell III.

Talk about your dated analogies.

I won’t let the moment pass to note that Brooks is about as representative of the broader electorate and especially the GOP base as McKinnon is. Brooks is the fool who allowed that Barack Obama’s pants crease persuaded him that the then backbench senator would make a good president. Good laundry = good leadership! Brooks depends on the liberals who run the New York Times for his daily bread. Goldberg’s and Kristol’s criticisms should carry more weight with conservatives, but I think even they miss the opportunity here.

From out here more than a thousand miles outside the Beltway, Romney’s comment strikes me as perfectly defensible. I live in Texas, a state that intentionally keeps Scissors-32x32.png

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/09/18/how-mitt-romney-should-handle-the-47-remark/

David Corn Keeps Digging, Produces Only Romney Pragmatism On Palestinian Conflict

September 18, 2012 | Filed under 2012 Presidential Race,Mitt Romney | Posted by Doug Johnson

mitt-romney-500x333.jpg

Political hack extraordinaire David Corn at Mother Jones keeps mining the clips from a private Mitt Romney fundraiser and keeps coming up empty. Media types were aghast that Romney, though coping to inelegant phrasing, is standing by yesterday’s quotes. So Corn is back with more. It’s utterly banal.

I’m torn by two perspectives in this regard. One is the one which I’ve had for some time, which is that the Palestinians have no interest whatsoever in establishing peace, and that the pathway to peace is almost unthinkable to accomplish. Now why do I say that? Some might say, well, let’s let the Palestinians have the West Bank, and have security, and set up a separate nation for the Palestinians. And then come a couple of thorny questions. And I don’t have a map here to look at the geography, but the border between Israel and the West Bank is obviously right there, right next to Tel Aviv, which is the financial capital, the industrial capital of Israel, the center of Israel. It’s—what the border would be? Maybe seven miles from Tel Aviv to what would be the West Bank…The other side of the West Bank, the other side of what would be this new Palestinian state would either be Syria at one point, or Jordan. And of course the Iranians would want to do through the West Bank exactly what they did through Lebanon,
Scissors-32x32.png

Tell us what you really think, Mitt, and you’ll have your 10-pt lead in the polls

MittRomney-AP.jpg

Mitt Romney (AP photo)

By: politicalwoman (Diary) | September 18th, 2012 at 09:36 AM | 1

RESIZE: AAA

Gasp…horrors… the MSM is calling out Mitt Romney for yet another gaffe. Two within the span of almost a week. But these are not gaffes. This is Mitt telling the voters what he thinks, that 1) we shouldn’t apologize for our First Amendment rights of free speech; 2) that the storming of our Embassies in Libya and Egypt was indeed outrageous and disgusting; 3) that 47% of people pay no income tax is a true statement, that they are dependent on government, and many, not all, believe they’re entitled to government welfare.

When I read heard the audio of the most recent Romney “gaffe” and then Romney’s awkward attempt to walk it back, my reaction was ‘the media is going to love this’. My parents, and millions like them, paid into Social Security for much of their lives. They earned that money, and they paid in far more than they ever got back. There are people on public assistance right now through no fault of their own, having lost their jobs and possibly their homes to this horrendous, stagnant, no growth economy. The economy picks up, they find jobs, and they’ll be only too happy to trade in the food stamp coupons for a paycheck. Scissors-32x32.png

Love and Hate, Mitt and I

By: texashistorian (Diary) | September 18th, 2012 at 01:59 PM | 1

RESIZE: AAA

Not an original title, but one that sums up my feelings about Mitt Romney, and a sentiment that I think aptly sums up his now famous statement regarding the 47%. Why do I love it? Because it is how I feel, as a taxpayer, and an American citizen. I am one who believes in the necessity of a social safety for those truly in need, but rejects the entitlement culture that permeates so much of our great country. Here was Mitt, off script, off prompter, not being coached or managed by a polished beltway insider consultant. In short, we got a glimpse of the real Mitt here. I for one, like what I see. If it were appropriate to make sweeping judgments based on one statement, I would say that Mitt really is a conservative. I love it!

Yet I have to temper the enthusiasm with the hate side of the equation. I don’t have that Mitt said what I said about the 47%, but I hate that this is the first time we’ve really seen Mitt with his guard down expressing his (to all appearances) innate conservatism. Where has this been? Well, judging by the (over)reaction to his comments on both the right and left, his political handlers, and perhaps the man himself, have decided you can’t win elections by being genuine. I hate Scissors-32x32.png

Romney Shines on Cavuto, Uses “47%” Comments Perfectly, Attacks Obama on “Redistribution”

As you can tell by the headline here I was extremely impressed with how Romney handled and extrapolated on his 47% comment from the “secret” video. Not only does he not back down or apologize, he uses the remarks to define how he and Obama are different and the choice Americans have this November. Helping his with that definition is another tape==> Obama in 1998 admitting that he “believes in redistribution” of wealth, an early confession of what he told Joe the Plumber in 2008. Well, we’ve seen how that works. Here’s the Romney interview from today with Cavuto, followed by the Obama tape. Romney’s ease with the facts and his assurance in describing what makes him different from Obama is exactly why the left, and Obama’s campaign, is in panic mode. Enjoy!

Videos at link

• Like 1

Mitt Sees the Emperor Without His Clothes

Will the Rest of America Listen?

By Joan Fischer · September 18, 2012

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what ... there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent on government, who believe that, that they are victims, who believe that government has the responsibility to care for them. Who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing ..." --Mitt Romney

In our relatively short 200+ year history, America has experienced a handful of watershed events. The Civil War was probably chief among them, with the fate of the union standing in the balance, and brothers fighting against brothers. Yet the 2012 presidential election may prove to be even more monumental than that tragic war. In large part, the 2012 election will determine whether the hard-working, taxpaying, law-abiding American citizen any longer has a voice, or whether those who have lost sight of the Founders' vision have seized ultimate control at the ballot box.

If the latter proves to be the case, the American experiment has failed, and not only our beloved republic, but the entire globe, will begin to feel the effects of the declaration, by the American electorate, that the sanctity of God-given individual liberty has been replaced by the belief that a powerful few have the right to dictate where the world's resources -- both natural and financial -- are spent, and who will benefit from them.

The Obama administration has had two main goals at the forefront of its policymaking: (1) to begin to bring America into parity with the rest of the world Scissors-32x32.png

http://patriotpost.us/commentary/14795

David Corn Caught Lying About Romney 47% Clip, Lapdog Media Set To Ignore His Lie

September 19, 2012 | Filed under Mitt Romney | Posted by Doug Johnson

david-corn.jpg

Professor William Jacobson at Legal insurrection noticed that the “full and complete” secretly recorded video of Mitt Romney speaking to supporters at a private fundraiser is not quite what it seems. It turns out there’s at least one noticeable gap in the video. But David Corn and Mother Jones assured readers everything was posted:

He claimed his comments where merely a “snippet” and not the “full response.” That was not true; his comments were shown in full.
Scissors-32x32.png

I wonder if this election will show the media that they have to start reporting factually? One would think that the bias has been so egregious that even some of the '47%' will recognize it. Nah, probably not.

I watched ABCNews tonight, the first time in ages. (Found a stream) Diane led with how much trouble Mitt was in. Didn't hear anything about Obama's redistribution story.