Judge throws out Walker's union bargaining law

clearvision

judge-throws-out-walkers-union-bargaining-law-3h6s8fp-169834626.htmlMilwaukee Journal Sentinel:

Gov. Scott Walker's law repealing most collective bargaining for local and school employees was struck down by a Dane County judge Friday, yet another dramatic twist in a year and a half saga that likely sets up another showdown in the Supreme Court.

The law remains largely in force for state workers, though a federal judge struck down part of that section of the law as well earlier this year. But for city, county, and school workers the decision by Dane County Judge Juan Colas returns the law to its status before Walker signed his law in March 2011.

Colas ruled that the law violated workers' constitutional rights by denying to union workers certain powers available to their nonunion counterparts. The decision could still be overturned on appeal - the Supreme Court has already restored the law once in June 2011 after it was blocked by a different Dane County judge earlier that year. Scissors-32x32.png

This makes me ill!!! I was trying to find the article I read yesterday about how Wisconsin has gone from a huge budget deficit to a budget surplus. I think the number was 36 million.

@clearvision

Colas ruled that the law violated workers' constitutional rights by denying to union workers certain powers available to their nonunion counterparts.

Ok I read the article, but it never mentions what rights those would be.

@clearvision

Colas ruled that the law violated workers' constitutional rights by denying to union workers certain powers available to their nonunion counterparts.

We are talking Madison-Wisconsins answer to California's 9th district!!

@clearvision

Collective bargaining.

It will be appealed.

Dept. of Revenue reports budget surplus

Wisconsin collected $126.6 million more than previously expected this year, which may lead to the largest amount of money transferred to the state’s rainy day fund, according to a press release by the Department of Revenue.

The department released the amount of general purpose revenue collections for the 2012 fiscal year Wednesday, showing that they collected 4.7 percent more in the 2012 fiscal year than it did in the 2011 fiscal year.

The report said the final figures will be released in the Department of Administration’s Annual Fiscal Report Oct. 15. It also emphasized the collections “do not offer guidance” on 2012’s budget balance, as other revenues and expenditures still have to be taken into account.

DOR spokesperson Laurel Patrick emphasized despite the numbers being good news, this is only “one part of the equation” that will make up the budget.Scissors-32x32.png

http://badgerherald.com/news/2012/09/06/dept_of_revenue_repo.php

@clearvision

Collective bargaining.

It will be appealed.

My head hurts.