York: With GOP jittery, Romney faces test of resolve

Draggingtree

2507555#.UE9Lq41tqjiThe Washington Examiner:

York: With GOP jittery, Romney faces test of resolve

September 10, 2012 | 8:00 pm

Byron York

Chief Political Correspondent

Mitt Romney and his top aides are running an essentially faith-based campaign. Whatever the polls say at the moment, whatever the pundits say, whatever some nervous Republicans say, Team Romney simply does not believe President Obama can win re-election in today's terrible economy. The president may appear to be defying gravity now, but he can't keep it up through Nov. 6.

"While some voters will feel a bit of a sugar-high from the conventions, the basic structure of the race has not changed significantly," Romney pollster Neil Newhouse wrote Monday, as some Republicans approached a state of panic over President Obama's post-convention bounce. "The reality of the Obama economy will reassert itself as the ultimate downfall of the Obama Presidency, and Mitt Romney will win this race."

The next few days are going to try Romney's patience and determination. The media is focusing incessantly on Obama's relatively small move upward in the polls Scissors-32x32.png

I have to say, this reminds me of some of the insider criticism of Reagan when he was running for office. I am glad that Romney doesn't panic and is methodical about his game.

Keep the other guys panicked. That's the key.

Edited to add: For a moment there, I almost let the panic get to me. But then I listened to the wiser among us and feel much better. I will not do what the Obama campaign wants me to do...give up. ;)