Obama’s ‘Bounce’ That Wasn’t

Draggingtree

obamas-bounce-that-wasntThe Other McCain:

Obama’s ‘Bounce’ That Wasn’t

Posted on | September 11, 2012 | 1 Comment and 0 Reactions

“To put it as bluntly as possible, the economy sucks, and the attempt by Democrats to exculpate Obama for this situation — to place the blame on Republicans, or to say that the economy would suck even worse if Romney were elected — is perhaps more difficult than Nate Silver’s statistics suggest.”

Robert Stacy McCain, “Omens of Doom,” The American Spectator, Sept. 10, 2012

The media’s effort to manufacture the appearance of a decisive shift toward President Obama — not merely a predictable post-convention “bounce” in the polls — dismayed, discouraged and enraged Republicans who were not psychologically braced for it.

When people are attempting to manipulate your perceptions, Scissors-32x32.png

A little snippet from Rasmussen:

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows President Obama attracting support from 48% of voters nationwide, while Mitt Romney earns 45% of the vote. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, and four percent (4%) are undecided.

Today’s data suggests that the president’s convention bounce has started to fade. See daily tracking history. When “leaners” are included, it’s Obama 49% and Romney 47%. Leaners are those who initially indicate no preference for either candidate but express a preference for one of them in a follow-up question.

The president leads by two in our daily Swing State tracking. All 11 swing states were won by President Obama in 2008.

http://www.rasmussen...l_tracking_poll

Personally I think Rasmussen has the most accurate polls around. Comparing his polls to actual results is spot on.

I'm just trying to figure out why Obama still has a lead at all.

I guess slow and steady is the most important thing at this point.