Eastwood says his convention appearance was 'mission accomplished' By PAUL MILLER

righteousmomma

righteousmomma

120907-1.htmlCarmel Pinecone:

AFTER A week as topic No. 1 in American politics, former Carmel Mayor Clint Eastwood said the outpouring of criticism from left-wing reporters and liberal politicians after his appearance at the Republican National Convention last Thursday night, followed by an avalanche of support on Twitter and in the blogosphere, is all the proof anybody needs that his 12-minute discourse achieved exactly what he intended it to.

“President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people,” Eastwood told The Pine Cone this week. “Romney and Ryan would do a much better job running the country, and that’s what everybody needs to know. I may have irritated a lot of the lefties, but I was aiming for people in the middle.”Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 3

120907-1.htmlCarmel Pine Cone:

PAUL MILLER

September 7, 2012

AFTER A week as topic No. 1 in American politics, former Carmel Mayor Clint Eastwood said the outpouring of criticism from left-wing reporters and liberal politicians after his appearance at the Republican National Convention last Thursday night, followed by an avalanche of support on Twitter and in the blogosphere, is all the proof anybody needs that his 12-minute discourse achieved exactly what he intended it to.

“President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people,” Eastwood told The Pine Cone this week. “Romney and Ryan would do a much better job running the country, and that’s what everybody needs to know. I may have irritated a lot of the lefties, but I was aiming for people in the middle.”

(Snip)

Eastwood’s appearance at the convention came after a personal request from Romney in August, soon after Eastwood endorsed the former Massachusetts governor at a fundraiser in Sun Valley, Idaho. But it was finalized only in the last week before the convention, along with an agreement to build suspense by keeping it secret until the last moment.

Meanwhile, Romney’s campaign aides asked for details about what Eastwood would say to the convention.

“They vett most of the people, but I told them, ‘You can’t do that with me, because I don’t know what I’m going to say,’” Eastwood recalled.

(Snip)

LMFAO.gif

• Like 1

righteousmomma

Rush was just reading some of this and said that it was the second greatest hoax because the global warming hoax lasted longer -25 years versus 4. LOL

Rush was just reading some of this and said that it was the second greatest hoax because the global warming hoax lasted longer -25 years versus 4. LOL

That's where I got it.

Yes I listen to the Big Racist.

BTW Did you know Rush hates women?

September 8, 2012

Clint Eastwood Hangs 'Em High

J.T. Hatter

Paint Your Wagon! Clint Eastwood just dropped another nuke on Obama. In the latest issue of The Carmel Pine Cone (Sept 7-13, 2012) American's favorite actor said,

"President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people,"

The Pine Cone is the weekly newspaper for Carmel and the Monterey Peninsula. Clint Eastwood was the Mayor of Carmel, California from 1986 to 1988 and didn't run for a second term. Clint was elected in a landslide with 72% of the vote. President Ronald Reagan called Clint to congratulate him on his victory. Mayor Eastwood accomplished all of his campaign promises while in office and cleaned out a lot of the bureaucracy and red tape that riled him enough to run for office in the first place. You don't mess with The Enforcer.

Maybe Obama should look up from his teleprompter and take a peek at the High Plains Drifter riding his way. The Pale Rider told the Pine Cone in last Tuesday's interview,

"Romney and Ryan would Scissors-32x32.png read more

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/09/clint_eastwood_hangs_em_high.html

righteousmomma

Thanks for the American Thinker article, Draggingtree

"Any Which Way You Can" turn "The Beguiled" into reality is good.

Obama and the DNC Running on Empty-Clarices Pieces

The once mainstream media is increasingly despondent as its power to shape opinions and influence this election diminishes. My favorite of the moaning journalist cries was that of Walter Shapiro:

"This is worse than normal, a lot less fun, and it feels impossible for us to change the conversation," Walter Shapiro, who has covered nine presidential campaigns and now writes for Yahoo News and Columbia Journalism Review, told POLITICO.

The conversation is changing, but a entirely new crowd has a voice. Nothing better illustrates this than the emergence a devastatingly new campaign symbol as an enduring meme, the empty chair -- the icon Clint Eastwood used at the RNC to signify our vacuous president.

The chair came to Eastwood in a moment of inspiration, just before he was about to go onstage at the RNC.

...he was taken to a Green Room, where Archbishop Dolan of New York sought him out to say hello. Then he was taken backstage to wait for his cue. And that was when inspiration struck.

"There was a stool there, and some fella kept asking me if I wanted to sit down," Eastwood said. "When I saw the stool sitting there, it gave me the idea. I'll just put the stool out there and I'll talk to Mr. Obama and ask him why he didn't keep all of the promises he made to everybody."

He asked a stagehand to take it out to the lectern while he was being announced.

"The guy said, 'You mean you want it at the podium?' and I said, 'No, just put it right there next to it.'"

Then, with the theme song from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" as a musical introduction, and a huge picture of him as Josey Wales as the backdrop, Eastwood walked out to tremendous applause.

Eastwood could have granted an interview to any publication he wished, but chose to share the story behind his historic speech with the Carmel Pine Cone, where he lives and once served as mayor.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/09/obama_and_the_dnc_running_on_empty.html

• Like 1

Obama and the DNC Running on Empty-Clarices Pieces

The once mainstream media is increasingly despondent as its power to shape opinions and influence this election diminishes. My favorite of the moaning journalist cries was that of Walter Shapiro:

"This is worse than normal, a lot less fun, and it feels impossible for us to change the conversation," Walter Shapiro, who has covered nine presidential campaigns and now writes for Yahoo News and Columbia Journalism Review, told POLITICO.

The conversation is changing, but a entirely new crowd has a voice. Nothing better illustrates this than the emergence a devastatingly new campaign symbol as an enduring meme, the empty chair -- the icon Clint Eastwood used at the RNC to signify our vacuous president.

Welcome to the XXI century Walt.

September 9, 2012

Obama and the DNC Running on Empty

By Clarice Feldman

The conversation is changing, but a entirely new crowd has a voice. Nothing

better illustrates this than the emergence a devastatingly new campaign symbol as an enduring meme, the empty chair -- the icon Clint Eastwood used at the RNC to signify our vacuous president.

The chair came to Eastwood in a moment of inspiration, just before he was about to go onstage at the RNC. Scissors-32x32.png read more http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/09/obama_and_the_dnc_running_on_empty.html