Charlotte speech increases rumors Kerry is up for Hillary Clinton’s job

Geee

247495-charlotte-speech-increases-rumors-kerry-is-up-for-hillary-clintons-jobThe Hill:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) will be defending President Obama’s record on national security when he speaks to convention delegates on Thursday evening, but political observers will be watching the high-profile speech for hints about the senator’s future.

Kerry’s prime-time spot — he speaks shortly before Obama accepts the Democratic presidential nomination — comes as rumors abound that he is in the running for Hillary Clinton’s job as secretary of state. Clinton has said she won’t stay on if Obama wins reelection, and Kerry is said to have long coveted the position.

And while Kerry isn’t up for reelection until 2014, if Republicans win control of the Senate in November, he would lose his chairmanship of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

“I think giving him a slot says a lot,” a Democratic strategist close to Kerry told The Hill of the convention speech. “It sends a clear signal that he’s an important player.”

Thursday’s speech could backfire on Kerry if he fails to deliver, however. Obama has an “amazing advantage” on national security over Mitt Romney, Rep. Jim Cooper (D-Tenn.) said Tuesday morning at an event sponsored by The Hill, but Democrats have “a lot more work to do to” to help Southern voters in particular “understand his role as commander in chief.”

“Just speaking from a Southern perspective, [Kerry] is not the most effective advocate,” Cooper said after the event. Kerry lost North Carolina — a state that’s a toss-up this year, along with Florida and Virginia — by double digits when he was the Democratic nominee in 2004, despite having home-state Sen. John Edwards on the ticket.Scissors-32x32.png

comes as rumors abound that he is in the running for Hillary Clinton’s job as secretary of state.

Assuming He has a safe seat, why would he do something like that? At best at the end of Obama's 2nd term he would be out of a job. By staying in the Senate he can pick up the mantle of Ted Kennedy as the old lion of the Left.

He may want it, but speaking of practical politics, it makes no sense to me, unless he see's his time is coming to an end and wants this as a...trophy to hang on his wall.

righteousmomma

So the o has an "amazing" advantage on foreign policy --according to Democrat Cooper. Really??

As far as selling the South on Kerry or Obama depends on how many buses they can fill.

So the o has an "amazing" advantage on foreign policy --according to Democrat Cooper. Really??

As far as selling the South on Kerry or Obama depends on how many buses they can fill.

The night Kerry won the nomination, I'm at work with Dan (Now Dan's politics are his family, bowling & Michael Jordon) he says to me and I quote..."When are the Bleeping democrats going the Bleeping nominate some Bleep Bleep Bleeping candidate that I can Bleeping vote for? Bleep this Bleeping Kerry." It was at that point I realized George W Bush had nothing really to worry about.

• Like 1